Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Big Red Insider

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Welcome to Big Red Insider

You've found the new place to discuss Lamar University Athletics. We plan on doing some great things with the university and specifically Coach Woodard and the football program throughout the season.

The kinks will need to be worked out but after being asked by multiple folks to allow registration we've gone ahead and opened it up. If you run into any issues please contact us at any of the contact email addresses on the main menu.

Dont forget to visit our parent site www.texassportsinsider.com to get and discuss other sports news around the state of Texas.

Thanks for visiting,

BRI Staff

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re:Welcome to Big Red Insider

Glad to be here!

Thanks for having an open forum in which a SHSU fan like myself can participate. All the Southland Conference fan boards are open, but the other Lamar board does not allow me to post and be an active contributor.

I plan on being an active contributor here!
    -The Terror-
    [img size=200]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9405/shbarun6.png[/img]

AggiesAreWe

TexasTerror wrote:
    Glad to be here!

Thanks for having an open forum in which a SHSU fan like myself can participate. All the Southland Conference fan boards are open, but the other Lamar board does not allow me to post and be an active contributor.

I plan on being an active contributor here!

:lol:

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Before last night, I was able to still read that other forum.

Now I've received an outright ban from even reading the forum. I guess the moderators would prefer to take their shots at me without allowing me the chance to read/respond elsewhere.

Whatever individual(s) represent the moderating on that board are obviously absolutely clueless on what message boards represent and what they can be.
    -The Terror-

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Welcome Terror. Hopefully this forum will be more open and tolerant. There's nothing wrong with a little criticism and smack. I plan on posting here a lot more.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” ~George Carlin

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

coachacola wrote:
    Welcome Terror. Hopefully this forum will be more open and tolerant. There's nothing wrong with a little criticism and smack. I plan on posting here a lot more.

trust me, this sites internet forums will be run nothing like on the other site.

We've got some great things lined up for the upcoming football season with James Ware and Coach Woodard but we need to get the membership base up first.

Thanks for visiting and hope you and others do continue to post.

AggiesAreWe

TexasTerror wrote:
    Before last night, I was able to still read that other forum.

Now I've received an outright ban from even reading the forum. I guess the moderators would prefer to take their shots at me without allowing me the chance to read/respond elsewhere.

Whatever individual(s) represent the moderating on that board are obviously absolutely clueless on what message boards represent and what they can be.

I believe SETXsports is doing just fine based on the numbers they have. You must have broken some rules for you to be banned.

bigred360

Can't answer about setxsports.com banning TexasTerror or rule he broke but I'm glad he is able to post here. Don't agree with most of his post but at least there is some debate which makes it fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

AggiesAreWe wrote:
    I believe SETXsports is doing just fine based on the numbers they have. You must have broken some rules for you to be banned.
    Hard to believe I broke some rules, considering I was reading fine (though not able to post). Then, my reading privileges got taken away. Hard to break rules when not even given a chance!

The funny thing is that several SETX members messaged me saying moderators, admins they talked to did not know why I was banned or at the very least, were not taking the responsibility for it.

This board will benefit from the information that I come to provide. It's not like SETX was open to non-Lamar posters to begin with and in that, were truly not the most informed bunch of posters in the SLC.
    -The Terror-

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Question for Admin...

How do I make it where I am not subscribing to posts? I don't want the e-mails, trust me - I'll come and check this board out!
    -The Terror-

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

TexasTerror wrote:
    Question for Admin...

How do I make it where I am not subscribing to posts? I don't want the e-mails, trust me - I'll come and check this board out!
    Same thing just happened to me.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” ~George Carlin

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

coachacola wrote:
    TexasTerror wrote:
    Question for Admin...

Same thing just happened to me.

I just noticed it was doing that. Ill check it out cause I recieved a bunch of emails as well.

Freshman Poster Save Your Salad's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

thanks for this. I love the Texas Sports site and will continue to monitor both.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

we needed a lamar only website for years.glad someone stepped up and made it happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Its been a long time since I have been excited about anything Lamar related. Thanks for creating this site and hope both (LU Athletic Program and this site) have alot of success beginning now. :woohoo: