Thread: Can we beat McSleeze?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Can we beat McSleeze?

Since the board is dead was hoping to get some discussion going...... I feel like we have come close to giving McSleeze a run for their money. Don't really know if this is the year. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Can we beat McSleeze?

i think this is the first year we compete in the upper tier of the southland.if we aren't then it may be time to look for a new coach.

Crawfish

Ditto,

So far, it is hard for the average fan to see improvement year over year. Lamar has a great deal of potential. To me, if Woodard cannot get it done in his (4th?) year, I think some serious evaluation needs to take place. It seems as though there have been too many high profile busts (transfers.) These players seem to be more of a distraction than an actual benefit to the program. Also, Woodard seems a little too laid back. I would think a program builder would be more dynamic.

I hope I am wrong and the program makes great strides this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=lu cards link=topic=38217.msg50938#msg50938 date=1369934660]
    i think this is the first year we compete in the upper tier of the southland.if we aren't then it may be time to look for a new coach.
    [/quote]

I put Lamar some where right at .500 for the season, maybe a little less

You'll have Sam/UCA at the top Nicholls/Northwestern at the bottom. Can LU beat Sam/UCA this year? Probably not. Can they beat Nicholls and Northwestern? They should.

The real question is which SFA team shows up this year (they look rocky, but rebounded at the end of last year). McNeese and SELA are the two question marks for me this year.

Here's what I'm predicting for you:

vs. Oklahoma Panhandle State W
    at Louisiana Tech L
    at Oklahoma State L
    vs. Bacone College W
    at Grambling State W
    at Sam Houston State * L
    vs. Central Arkansas (HC) * L
    at Southeastern Louisiana * L
    vs. Nicholls * W
    at Northwestern State * L
    vs. Stephen F. Austin * L
    vs. McNeese State * W

I'm giving you the surprise victory to end the season over McNeese, but SFA is a strong second half team, so I'm giving you the loss even though you're at home. Since you're on the road at NWST, I'm giving you the L because they have something in the water over there.

That'll put the cards at 5-7 for the season and 2-6 in the SLC, which should get RW out of there and a new coach for the Cards. SLC Swings I can see going in your favor: NWST/SLU against: McNeese
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think its a fair assessment.i think we beat either sela or nwst though.got to find a way to beat one the top 3.i like our chances against sfa here.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=lu cards link=topic=38217.msg50941#msg50941 date=1369939194]
    I think its a fair assessment.i think we beat either sela or nwst though.got to find a way to beat one the top 3.i like our chances against sfa here.
    [/quote]

I gave you losses there only because you're playing them on the road. You SHOULD beat NWST, but they get a lot of favorable calls their way when they are at home.

Roberts has turned that program around at Southeastern, they improved tremendously from 2 years ago and were at the top of the conference. Can they do it again or was that a fluke? Who knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think one of the keys is how much we improve on turn-overs, broken plays, and defensive lapses. There were several games last year and the year before where we were competitive and were playing teams close for a good bit of the game only to commit errors and breakdown in the later parts.

We're not good enough to overpower anyone so we just about have to play perfect each game. Saw too many good defensive plays on the first two downs only to have the other team make a big play on the third down. Those big third down plays kept too many drives alive.

I think making that type of improvement would go toward winning games that we have lost in previous years.

(I don't mind if we have a big play that goes well for us. I just want to minimize the big offensive plays for the other side.)

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I would really like to see us beat Sam or SFA this year. I think Sam will be tough but we do have a shot with SFA. If I remember right we played SFA pretty well last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=38217.msg50944#msg50944 date=1369944286]
    I would really like to see us beat Sam or SFA this year. I think Sam will be tough but we do have a shot with SFA. If I remember right we played SFA pretty well last year.
    [/quote]

SFA was a very up-and-down type team, but typically they struggle in their first few games and start to gel toward the end. Can you beat them? If they're in a lull, yes. You do have the benefit of getting them at home, which helps.

Will you beat Sam? No.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=38217.msg50950#msg50950 date=1369956794]
    [quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=38217.msg50944#msg50944 date=1369944286]
    [/quote]

SFA was a very up-and-down type team, but typically they struggle in their first few games and start to gel toward the end. Can you beat them? If they're in a lull, yes. You do have the benefit of getting them at home, which helps.

Will you beat Sam? No.
    [/quote]

We won't beat SAM but I can have Obama Hope!!!

McNeese75

нет