Over/Under: # of Wins for Woodard to Keep His Job

JJWooten

Double dose of plus or minus:

Overall wins: 6

Conference Wins: 3

Go!

I think 6-5 is the minimum... 7-4 keeps his job, 5-6 means he'll be an NFL or FBS assistant, and 6-5 will lead to a lot of conjecture on board like this as to which way things are going to go.

to me it depends on the type of losses.losing 55-7 to a upper tier slc team versus losing 24-20 would factor in.i say 6-6 and no ass kickings in the slc.

Thanks for the correction- it's a 12-game season (don't know which game I forgot to count- I guess one of the subdivision games).

5-7 - lose job (call the boosters to write the buyout checks)

6-6 - better be competitive vs. Sam Houston and/or Central Arkansas... beating McNeese to get more attention on both sides of the Sabine

7-5 - acceptable... will lead to public celebration of a winning season, but still questions will abound if they're not at least putting in a good showing vs. the conference opponents

8-4 - definitely keeps his job

Don't forget how low the Sam Houston program was before their meteoric rise- they had a HS coach as a finalist for the HC position. Now, they've been in 2 straight FCS title games.

Like it or not (which I don't ) he is here this season.... Hopefully the other coaches will step up train/teach these players at a higher level than past seasons.

No matter how poorly Woodard performs the players will succeed if each position coach does his job.

We have talent on this team it's time to use it. Bench the ones that are playing to be in the lime light and put the ones that have heart, talent and play as a team on the field. If they do that win or lose those boys will keep there heads held high!

Guest eagle eye
There have been so many reasons for LU's failure to succeed. Poor strength and conditioning program, poor coaching with a lot of turnover and poor showing in conference games tops the list. That said I agree with those who feel Ray's job is not in jeopardy. His boss likes him. He's a good talker with a good line (doesn't explain why he can't recruit better). If Lamar only wins 2 or 3 games and falls flat in conference again regardless of the cost you'd have to cut bait and fire him. This program is spinning its wheels and hasn't shown much, if any, improvement over the last 3 years.

The best programs in the country play disciplined football. He hasn't shown a very disciplined approach when it comes to coaching these teams, but hopefully that will change this season.

It's easy to be an armchair assistant, I understand that he is under a lot of pressure with this bunch. I really hope this team meets expectations.