Thread: Important Season for All

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Important Season for All

This might be one of the biggest season we will have to date. A 7 win season would be phenomenal for LU. If they win 7 games then Woodard probably does not become a lame duck head coach coaching under a 1 yr deal next year and it will help with recruiting. We need to start winning the recruiting battles in our own back yard and steal from Houston area. Winning 7 games would drive attendance way up I feel and being competitive in losses which many fans can respect a good game. Also filling the house every week will allow you to expand your stadium and upgrade (Baylor wins for a few yr and look at what they are building. TCU as well) We will never have that kind of money but there is no reason why we can develop our own little home field advantage. Get your tickets folks, got a strong feeling of a solid season.
    Cplatt
    2 Corinthians 12:10

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Important Season for All

+1

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I have already paid for my season tickets, but I'm not optimistic about the season. Hopefully it's only based on recent experience and I'll be proven wrong. Would love to see us come out and put up 7 Ws.

Cardinalrule

[quote author=BigRed98 link=topic=38306.msg51451#msg51451 date=1373300857]
    I have already paid for my season tickets, but I'm not optimistic about the season. Hopefully it's only based on recent experience and I'll be proven wrong. Would love to see us come out and put up 7 Ws.
    [/quote]

Ditto. No way in the world we will win 7. Especially if we continue with the horrific, conservative play calling

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I don't think seven is impossible. In fact, I think it is achievable for this team and here's why. CR, you mentioned the conservative play calling. I think part of that is due to the fact that they had to call screens, gut runs, and five and dime passes because of the offensive line. You can't call a play for a pass down field if your line can't keep the opposing defense out of the back field. Last year it seemed that every time the QB dropped back it was, one Mississippi, Tw...... run for your life. Same for the running game. The coaches couldn't call for a run that took any time to set up as by the time the play developed, the opposing defense is in the back field because the line could not hold. The line is improved this year. How much? None of us will know until the season starts, but it has improved. I think the whole season and the coaches play calling depends on the improvement of the line.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

mendelj

Big T thanks for the positive thoughts on the season. Your observation is one that is right on and I hope the fan base will have your optimism. The team poster with the football schedule on it for this season has the words "Stand As One" I believe these boys are buying into that motto this season and I hope that the fans will do the same. I hope the people that post on bigredinsider will do the same. ;D

Cardinalrule

[quote author=Big T link=topic=38306.msg51536#msg51536 date=1373863619]
    I'm going to go out on a limb here. I don't think seven is impossible. In fact, I think it is achievable for this team and here's why. CR, you mentioned the conservative play calling. I think part of that is due to the fact that they had to call screens, gut runs, and five and dime passes because of the offensive line. You can't call a play for a pass down field if your line can't keep the opposing defense out of the back field. Last year it seemed that every time the QB dropped back it was, one Mississippi, Tw...... run for your life. Same for the running game. The coaches couldn't call for a run that took any time to set up as by the time the play developed, the opposing defense is in the back field because the line could not hold. The line is improved this year. How much? None of us will know until the season starts, but it has improved. I think the whole season and the coaches play calling depends on the improvement of the line.
    [/quote]

Well, I hope you are right and I am wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

OK Pan Handle
    Bacone
    PVAM
    Nicholls
    NWST
    McNeese
    SLU

7 might not seem like a pipe dream if we take care of business.
    Cplatt
    2 Corinthians 12:10

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Anyone know how ticket sales are going this year

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=38306.msg51552#msg51552 date=1374002802]
    Anyone know how ticket sales are going this year
    [/quote]

I've been monitoring the sales in the "Green" and "White" sections. Season tickets to those sections can be purchased online and there is a sectional representation of seats available for sale.

We've had 1,319 season tickets sold in the "Green" and "White" sections out of a total of 3,805 as of Saturday assuming seats unavailable for sale actually have been sold.

One could make an educated (or uneducated) guess by estimating the tickets sold in the "Gold" and "Red" sections as well as the General Admission sections. I'm hoping the "Gold" and "Red" sections would have a greater percentage of seats sold since they require donations to the Cardinal Club. Someone familiar with historical trends might offer a better estimate.

It looks like an attempt to sell General Admission season tickets online was made, but I get the following error message when checking the site. (Sent an email to the Lamar ticket office about the error message so hopefully that will be fixed.)

Unable to find any available seats in venue 2628

It would be nice if the Athletics Department provided updates. Progress reports could help in a "Bandwagon Effect" or they might cause an "Oh S#*t Effect".

---------------------

The seats we renewed show up as unavailable and the charge cleared my credit card so I know at least two season tickets have been sold.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

No way they break .500
    Is the 4th string QB from Houston that good?
    Did the OC change or will it be two up the middle for no gain then a 5 an out flat pass on 3rd and 8..
    The OC would not know a good QB if he tripped over one. The guy he brought in for QB has moved to receiver....
    Long as Larry is calling the plays don't count on that 7 wins...
    Don't get me wrong I want the 7 or better wins, I just don't see it.

bigred365

Praying for 7 wins as we need this program to be successful. But, I'm not sure. I'm not impressed with a couple aspects of this team. That said, I will support either way. Kind of like with my favorite pro team. I don't see the playoffs this year but I sure hope I'm wrong.