Thread: Ryan Braun Suspended and Humiliated

eagle eye

Ryan Braun Suspended and Humiliated

After beating a failed drug test a couple of years ago on a loophole in the drug testing process Ryan Braun failed another drug test and now he's been suspended for the remainder of the 2013 season. His pocketbook, his ability to play his sport and, most importantly, his reputation is gone. Now he's not broke financially and he'll be back in 2014 but will he ever regain a measure of his reputation? Maybe but the last couple of years, heck the last decade, has hurt baseball with the doping mess that has gone on. If Braun hadn't been so cocky about sliding on the first time he failed a test and throwing everyone including the tester under the bus this might not be such a kick in the groin to Braun but he did and a lot of players and former players are happy Braun is getting this comeuppance. Baseball needs to have the right to void contracts for substance abuse violations. This would be fair as you look at Alex Rodriguez' contract. He might be kicked out of baseball but the Yankees will owe him $121mm. This ain't right folks. A-Rod doesn't deserve all the money for being a cheater and the Yankees don't deserve to be penalized for something beyond their control.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Ryan Braun Suspended and Humiliated

[quote author=eagle eye link=topic=38350.msg51665#msg51665 date=1374582945]
    After beating a failed drug test a couple of years ago on a loophole in the drug testing process Ryan Braun failed another drug test and now he's been suspended for the remainder of the 2013 season. His pocketbook, his ability to play his sport and, most importantly, his reputation is gone. Now he's not broke financially and he'll be back in 2014 but will he ever regain a measure of his reputation? Maybe but the last couple of years, heck the last decade, has hurt baseball with the doping mess that has gone on. If Braun hadn't been so cocky about sliding on the first time he failed a test and throwing everyone including the tester under the bus this might not be such a kick in the groin to Braun but he did and a lot of players and former players are happy Braun is getting this comeuppance. Baseball needs to have the right to void contracts for substance abuse violations. This would be fair as you look at Alex Rodriguez' contract. He might be kicked out of baseball but the Yankees will owe him $121mm. This ain't right folks. A-Rod doesn't deserve all the money for being a cheater and the Yankees don't deserve to be penalized for something beyond their control.
    [/quote]

So glad he finally got what he had coming to him...I've never liked the guy...I'm sure the poor guy he blasted in the 2011 case has lawyers lined up down the block ready to fatten both of their pockets. As for A-Rod, what was being said last night on either Monday Night Baseball or Baseball Tonight (can't remember which one I heard it on) if MLB brings the hammer with the lifetime ban that would get the Yankees off the hook for the rest of his massive contract...which would suck for all non Yankee fans cause that's just what baseball needs...the Yankees to have a bunch of freed up money...I have a feeling that they are going for the lifetime ban...they supposedly have substantially more evidence on A-Rod than they did on Braun and if they are still waiting around to act gives me the impression that they are building a better case to hold up through appeals