HJ's Zjori Bosha

LAZEEK

HJ Senior Zjori Bosha has been gaining steam on the recruiting trail this summer. Recently in an AAU tournament in Las Vegas Bosha's AAU coach started getting inquiries from some familiar faces as well as some Big D1 schools. Teams included are Pitt, South Carolina, Houston, Navy, Sam Houston State and McNeese State. Bosha is a 6'5 PG/SG.

My question is when will LAMAR start looking at this local talent?????

Prior to Mattingly, verbalcommits.com showed LU had 12 scholarship players for 2013 -2104.( don't know how accurate this site is) Mattingly will be a Fresh for 2013, which brings LU to the max of 13 Scholly players. However, only Wilson is a Sr. so when he graduates LU will only have 1 available scholly for the 2014 class, or 2014 - 2015 season unless a scholarship player leaves the roster. I am no expert, but this is how I am reading it.

You have to factor in the attrition rate. I don't remember a year when everyone eligible to return did, but I get your point. It doesn't look like Baker is coming in (right now), so that could play a part in Mattingly's addition.

• 3 months later...
LU has started to recruit Bosha now. He is averaging 34.5 points per game through the first 5 games this season, including 46 against Nederland last week. Other schools have taken notice as well. You can add Southern and James Madison to the mix as looking at Bosha. Still hopeful that LU can land Bosha. He is a pure shooter who is averaging 5 three pointers a game.

Knowing very little about the HJ program other than they are very competitive at their level, how are Bosha's ball handling skills? A 6-5 shooter that can pass and drive would really be a great addition, especially if one or two of our non-contributors would leave and we could land a 6-9 or bigger inside player that would rebound, play good defense to go with him. At least a 6-5 guard won't have somebody three to six inches taller than him guarding him all the time.

Knowing very little about the HJ program other than they are very competitive at their level, how are Bosha's ball handling skills? A 6-5 shooter that can pass and drive would really be a great addition, especially if one or two of our non-contributors would leave and we could land a 6-9 or bigger inside player that would rebound, play good defense to go with him. At least a 6-5 guard won't have somebody three to six inches taller than him guarding him all the time.

Bosha plays PG and SG for HJ. So his ball handling and driving skills are very good. He gets to the FT line an average of about 10-12 times per game. I agree that if LU can land a big and a pure shooter like Bosha and LU will be in good shape for next year.

I received a call the other night asking if I would like to repurchase my Lamar season ticket pack (5 seats). I told the young lady to let those in management know that when Lamars starts recruiting local I will re-up my season tickets.