Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ***LU vs OPSU Game Thread...Cards win 75-0***

CardAmbassador

Re: ***LU vs OPSU Game Thread...Cards win 75-0***

Go Cards!!! CAW! 8)

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Some people don't have a clue. I was at the game and Lamar had 56 pts at halftime. The second half the OC called a very conservative game. I am proud of the sportsmanship our school showed. They could have scored 90 if the coaches wanted. By the way, is a young man who is wanting to get more playing time on offense not going to try to score? Or the young man on defense not going to try impressing with a big hit or causing a turnover?

Also, it's not our football teams fault the other team was turnover prone.

In at few weeks we play Oklahoma State and I won't be crying if their coaches still run an aggressive offense with second and third team players. Especially, the first game of the season?!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: ***LU vs OPSU Game Thread...Cards win 75-0***

[quote author=Dale Rose link=topic=38444.msg1#msg1 date=1378077745]
    Some people don't have a clue. I was at the game and Lamar had 56 pts at halftime. The second half the OC called a very conservative game. I am proud of the sportsmanship our school showed. They could have scored 90 if the coaches wanted.
    [/quote]

Exactly...and the second half seem to last an eternity. Our offense was letting the playclock run down to :01 on every down before they snapped the ball to keep the score down. If they hadn't of done that, 90+ would have been board. Easy.

LU 17

Why y'all wasting time on nickels. He is the same guy calling in to get autographs from the wresting stars of Huntsville. He is an over obsessed fan of SHSU. This is all he has. His girlfriend is his computer. Give the poor kid a chance. When he gets to what Huntsville is famous for; prisons, he will find his true love. FYI, he gets punked on the SHSU fan site by his own people.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LU 17 link=topic=38444.msg52488#msg52488 date=1378085938]
    Why y'all wasting time on nickels. He is the same guy calling in to get autographs from the wresting stars of Huntsville. He is an over obsessed fan of SHSU. This is all he has. His girlfriend is his computer. Give the poor kid a chance. When he gets to what Huntsville is famous for; prisons, he will find his true love. FYI, he gets punked on the SHSU fan site by his own people.
    [/quote]

Hold on a minute. I love wrestling!!! 8) 8) 8)

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Hello guys my friend has a son on HBU he was at the game SHSU played most of the starters until end the second series of 3rd quarter then 2ND, 3rd & 4Th teams entered the game...

Freshman Poster Rev at lumberjackfans.com's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: ***LU vs OPSU Game Thread***

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=38444.msg52393#msg52393 date=1377984082]
    [quote author=eagle eye link=topic=38444.msg52391#msg52391 date=1377981568]
    [quote author=austinred link=topic=38444.msg52232#msg52232 date=1377538642]
    I'm looking forward to the football season but I really wish they would get the Div II and NAIA schools off the schedule.
    [/quote]

For those who are bitching about today's game vs OSPU look at who Baylor is playing today. Seriously, can anyone identify who and where the Wofford Terriers come from? So Lamar is favored to win it's home opener and as LUSportsFan pointed out, Lamar is not the only conference team to have Div-II and NAIA school on their schedule. Join me at the stadium tonight to root our Cards on to victory!
    [/quote]

Wofford is a FCS team like Lamar but I had to look them up. I agree, nothing wrong with playing one lower-level opponent. I just hope Woodard doesn't make it a habit of playing 2 a year.
    [/quote]

Congrats on your win.

I had to quote these. Come on guys, know your subdivision of football. Wofford is a team who plays in the SoCon (that's Southern Conference). Comparing Baylor vs Wofford to Lamar vs OPSU is a bit of a stretch since OPSU hasn't had a winning season in a decade. Things like this is why you guys get some much shit about being delusional.

Good luck against La Tech. Who knows, maybe you'll pull it off

Heckling opponents since 2003

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: ***LU vs OPSU Game Thread***

[quote author=Rev at lumberjackfans.com link=topic=38444.msg1#msg1 date=1378251940]
    I'm looking forward to the football season but I really wish they would get the Div II and NAIA schools off the schedule.
    [/quote]

For those who are bitching about today's game vs OSPU look at who Baylor is playing today. Seriously, can anyone identify who and where the Wofford Terriers come from? So Lamar is favored to win it's home opener and as LUSportsFan pointed out, Lamar is not the only conference team to have Div-II and NAIA school on their schedule. Join me at the stadium tonight to root our Cards on to victory!
    [/quote]

Wofford is a FCS team like Lamar but I had to look them up. I agree, nothing wrong with playing one lower-level opponent. I just hope Woodard doesn't make it a habit of playing 2 a year.
    [/quote]

Congrats on your win.

I had to quote these. Come on guys, know your subdivision of football. Wofford is a team who plays in the SoCon (that's Southern Conference). Comparing Baylor vs Wofford to Lamar vs OPSU is a bit of a stretch since OPSU hasn't had a winning season in a decade. Things like this is why you guys get some much shit about being delusional.

[/quote]

I think the point was playing a team at a different level. In Baylor vs Wofford it was DI-FBS vs DI-FCS. In the case of Lamar vs OPSU (and Montana vs OPSU on 9/21) it was DI-FCS vs DII. I didn't get the impression anyone was comparing historical won/loss records of interdivisional opponents. At least I didn't read it that way. I don't think won/loss records of oppnents is relevant in this case.

Not having a ingrained knowledge of one FCS team is hardly an indication of overall lack of knowledge of the sub division. I've been following college football for a long time. With all the conference membership changes in recent years, I still have to refresh my memory from time to time of who is currently where. I imagine I am not the only one. I had heard of Wofford from watching scores on sports station"crawlers" and sports websites. My immediate knowledge didn't go much futher than that though. I believe it would be safe to say that there are probably a lot of avid fans of programs in other parts of the country that don't know everything about members of our conference.

Heck, one of the Houston Chronicle sports writers doesn't know the difference between DI-FCS vs DII. If he can't get that right, I doubt he knows the membership of every conference in our sub division and Sports is what puts food the table for him.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Damm16 link=topic=38444.msg52561#msg52561 date=1378233845]
    Hello guys my friend has a son on HBU he was at the game SHSU played most of the starters until end the second series of 3rd quarter then 2ND, 3rd & 4Th teams entered the game...
    [/quote]

Then your friend's son is dumb enough to attend HBU.

Brian Bell, our starting QB, was pulled before halftime because our back-up Don King III came in a few minutes before half and I left my house to go watch the WSU/Auburn game on TV at a bar.

Timothy Flanders, our starting RB, was pulled with 11 minutes left in the second quarter. Our second string RB ran one play in the third quarter (at the start) and then never came back.

The last starting skills player was out of the game with about 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Freshman Poster Rev at lumberjackfans.com's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: ***LU vs OPSU Game Thread***

[quote author=LUSportsFan link=topic=38444.msg52589#msg52589 date=1378265013]
    [quote author=Rev at lumberjackfans.com link=topic=38444.msg1#msg1 date=1378251940]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats on your win.

[/quote]

I think the point was playing a team at a different level. In Baylor vs Wofford it was DI-FBS vs DI-FCS. In the case of Lamar vs OPSU (and Montana vs OPSU on 9/21) it was DI-FCS vs DII. I didn't get the impression anyone was comparing historical won/loss records of interdivisional opponents. At least I didn't read it that way. I don't think won/loss records of oppnents is relevant in this case.

Not having a ingrained knowledge of one FCS team is hardly an indication of overall lack of knowledge of the sub division. I've been following college football for a long time. With all the conference membership changes in recent years, I still have to refresh my memory from time to time of who is currently where. I imagine I am not the only one. I had heard of Wofford from watching scores on sports station"crawlers" and sports websites. My immediate knowledge didn't go much futher than that though. I believe it would be safe to say that there are probably a lot of avid fans of programs in other parts of the country that don't know everything about members of our conference.

Heck, one of the Houston Chronicle sports writers doesn't know the difference between DI-FCS vs DII. If he can't get that right, I doubt he knows the membership of every conference in our sub division and Sports is what puts food the table for him.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2
    [/quote]

To be fair, he writes for the chronicle.....
    Heckling opponents since 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

who gives a shit? LU pulled starters...sam pulled starters...SFA got their asses kicked....pretty good weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38444.msg52600#msg52600 date=1378297556]
    who gives a shit? LU pulled starters...sam pulled starters...SFA got their asses kicked....pretty good weekend
    [/quote]
    +1 ;D

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: ***LU vs OPSU Game Thread...Cards win 75-0***

+2 :-)