College football began on Thursday with the most interesting matchup between South Carolina and North Carolina with the Gamecocks coming out on top but the prevailing story of the night was the play of Heisman hopeful Jadeveon Clowney. He was criticized for being "gassed" during game on a hot, humid Carolina night and the feeling he took plays off. To me, this is a load of crap and Clowney played well in the So Carolina's win. He just didn't have the boo-ya hit in the game he did in the bowl game vs Michigan this past January in the Outback Bowl.

The season may have kicked off on Thursday but today is the first full day of ball and it's great. Right now the most interesting games on TV are the OK St match up at home vs the Mississippi State Bulldogs. It's the first matchup between Big 12 and SEC team this year and will go a long way to establishing the Big 12 as player in the BCS.

Speaking of SEC, Johnny Maziel has come in after his first half suspension vs Rice to go 6-8 with 3 TDs as Texas A&M is leading the Owls 45-20, oops 52-20 in the third quarter.

There is another interesting game going on, to me anyway, Penn State is facing Syracuse in University Park, Pennsylvania. In 2012 the Nittany Lions went 8-4 on the season including 6-2 in the Big Ten with notable victories over Iowa, Wisconsin, Purdue and Northwestern. This had to come as a big surprise to people who thought Penn St would go straight into the dumpster over the scandal that rocked the college and the NCAA sanctions that crushed a football program that wasn't at fault in the whole Sandusky child molestation ordeal. I felt the football program was unjustly punished for what was essencially a criminal case the team had no part in. I will be very interested to see how the team plays in the second year of its 5 year NCAA sanctions which includes the loss of 40 scholarships over the next 4 years including 2013. I hope Penn St continue to surprise and win.