***Lamar vs Louisiana Tech....La Tech wins 27-14***

coachacola

I was keeping up with the game on an app on my tablet. Won't do that again. There was a lot of good information, but the updates were way too slow. The best info I got was from the comments on the BRI site. The app would reflect those comments about 10-15 minutes later. :(

The whole time I was watching the "GameTracker" screen I was thinking I would have loved to see last night's game at PUS in front of the home crowd. I'm looking forward to this season's remaining games. I think this was a good test for the team. I would have liked to have a win, but I'm proud of the team and the progress it has made.

I also tried to follow the game on my tablet. Bigredinsider and twitter were the best keeping me up to date. Next week the game will be on fox sports 1 but I'm afraid it won't be pretty.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game this week and must say, I was quite impressed with our Cards. La Tech might be in a down year, but we are a good rising program. Much better than any competitive loss I saw last year. It was a fun experience although a lot of the other Cards fans sat around instead of cheering and getting into it...Tech's fans weren't that impressive either though having been to a few big time games before. Their student section was into it otherwise it was a quiet HS football game..

Guest NorthoftheBorder
Just went and looked at the box score. 2 Key stats I think are the sack and turnover ratios: we lost both in that Berry was sacked 5 times compared to the Cards getting only 2 sacks on La Tech and we had 2 turnovers to La Techs 0! I do believe we have improved OL play, but we need to trun the sack stat around winning that battle as well as the turnovers!! If we could keep the sacks down to 2 or less against the better opponents that would be great!!

Guest Cardinalrule

After seeing NC State squeak by Richmond, a fcs team, losing to La Tech by 13 is a little disappointing. Seems they are still making too many mistakes at key moments in the game. The SLC appears to be a lot stronger this year so it should be interesting to see how many games they can win. I do think the defense should keep them competitve all year.

I agree. This is NOT the same La Tech team as last year. I hate to be a wet blanket but I am not sure la tech is any good this year so I have no idea if we are much better than last year.

As for the game, where was Mcvey? Why can't we adequately combat a blitz?

Guest CardAmbassador

After seeing NC State squeak by Richmond, a fcs team, losing to La Tech by 13 is a little disappointing. Seems they are still making too many mistakes at key moments in the game. The SLC appears to be a lot stronger this year so it should be interesting to see how many games they can win. I do think the defense should keep them competitve all year.

I agree. This is NOT the same La Tech team as last year. I hate to be a wet blanket but I am not sure la tech is any good this year so I have no idea if we are much better than last year.

As for the game, where was Mcvey? Why can't we adequately combat a blitz?

Doesn't really matter much, LA Tech probably isn't as good as they were last year; but this team has really fallen apart against teams worse that La Tech. We didn't fall apart, we played a complete game. We're at least more focused as a team.

I was at the game. Very competetive. Definitely some home-cooking (frustrating!). LU in it until the end. McVey out with injury. With all of the tools in place, no turnovers, a little more agressive game plan (pass the ball to KJ some!) and a bounce here or there and the result would have been different.

I was stopped by several old-timer Tech fans on the way out of the stadium to congratulate LU on a great showing. A couple of them, who know LU and were in Beaumont "back in the Terry Bradshaw days" were highly comlimentary and said they thought the Southland Conference was put on notice that LU is back in a big way. I agree.

This was a good game. I think we're ready to give Sam Houston, SFA and McNeese a real run for their money this season. Game on!

Guest NorthoftheBorder
I am with you Coach, if we have improved significantly we probably won that game. I am thinking that there are 3 or 4 teams in the SLC that beat Tech!

Guest Cardinalrule

La Tech lost at home last night to Tulane by 9 points. Tulane isn't exactly impressing people with it's loss to South Alabama last week.

Uh oh....that was kind of my fear...La Tech isn't nearly as good as they have been.

watched the game on tv. LA Tech QB knocked out of game . LA Tech had a punt return td called back near end or game, that would have put them in lead. Tulane Defense was kicking LA Tech Offense lines butts. Also several missed field goals by LA TECH. Field goal kicker must have used his leg up against Lamar.

This was a good game. I think we're ready to give Sam Houston, SFA and McNeese a real run for their money this season. Game on!

LOL...this is why people make fun of LU fans...delusional is an understatement

maybe LU scores once on SHSU before it's 42-0 but to give us a "real run for their money" is absurd. I've never seen a fan base gets so excited after losing to an awful FBS team.

LOL...this is why people make fun of LU fans...delusional is an understatement

maybe LU scores once on SHSU before it's 42-0 but to give us a "real run for their money" is absurd. I've never seen a fan base gets so excited after losing to an awful FBS team.

Hey look, the clueless troll is back. You've just never seen a fanbase because you hangout on katfans.com. :-)