Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ***Lamar vs Louisiana Tech....La Tech wins 27-14***

CardAmbassador

Re: ***Lamar vs Louisiana Tech....La Tech wins 27-14***

[quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=38491.msg52834#msg52834 date=1378671819]
    [quote author=coachacola link=topic=38491.msg52806#msg52806 date=1378610011]
    After seeing NC State squeak by Richmond, a fcs team, losing to La Tech by 13 is a little disappointing. Seems they are still making too many mistakes at key moments in the game. The SLC appears to be a lot stronger this year so it should be interesting to see how many games they can win. I do think the defense should keep them competitve all year.
    [/quote]

I agree. This is NOT the same La Tech team as last year. I hate to be a wet blanket but I am not sure la tech is any good this year so I have no idea if we are much better than last year.

As for the game, where was Mcvey? Why can't we adequately combat a blitz?
    [/quote]

Doesn't really matter much, LA Tech probably isn't as good as they were last year; but this team has really fallen apart against teams worse that La Tech. We didn't fall apart, we played a complete game. We're at least more focused as a team.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I like the fact LU didn't give them a lot of short fields for easy scores. Seems like last year the opponents were always beginning drives at midfield.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I was at the game. Very competetive. Definitely some home-cooking (frustrating!). LU in it until the end. McVey out with injury. With all of the tools in place, no turnovers, a little more agressive game plan (pass the ball to KJ some!) and a bounce here or there and the result would have been different.
    I was stopped by several old-timer Tech fans on the way out of the stadium to congratulate LU on a great showing. A couple of them, who know LU and were in Beaumont "back in the Terry Bradshaw days" were highly comlimentary and said they thought the Southland Conference was put on notice that LU is back in a big way. I agree.
    This was a good game. I think we're ready to give Sam Houston, SFA and McNeese a real run for their money this season. Game on!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Gotta throw it more.....

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

On a positive note...SFA is stinking it up...I hate purple

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

La Tech lost at home last night to Tulane by 9 points. Tulane isn't exactly impressing people with it's loss to South Alabama last week.

NorthoftheBorder

I am with you Coach, if we have improved significantly we probably won that game. I am thinking that there are 3 or 4 teams in the SLC that beat Tech!

Cardinalrule

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=38491.msg53093#msg53093 date=1379090120]
    La Tech lost at home last night to Tulane by 9 points. Tulane isn't exactly impressing people with it's loss to South Alabama last week.
    [/quote]

Uh oh....that was kind of my fear...La Tech isn't nearly as good as they have been.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

watched the game on tv. LA Tech QB knocked out of game . LA Tech had a punt return td called back near end or game, that would have put them in lead. Tulane Defense was kicking LA Tech Offense lines butts. Also several missed field goals by LA TECH. Field goal kicker must have used his leg up against Lamar.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LamarMcDad link=topic=38491.msg52895#msg52895 date=1378747765]
    This was a good game. I think we're ready to give Sam Houston, SFA and McNeese a real run for their money this season. Game on!
    [/quote]LOL...this is why people make fun of LU fans...delusional is an understatement

maybe LU scores once on SHSU before it's 42-0 but to give us a "real run for their money" is absurd. I've never seen a fan base gets so excited after losing to an awful FBS team.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=nickels link=topic=38491.msg53121#msg53121 date=1379120183]
    [quote author=LamarMcDad link=topic=38491.msg52895#msg52895 date=1378747765]
    [/quote]LOL...this is why people make fun of LU fans...delusional is an understatement

maybe LU scores once on SHSU before it's 42-0 but to give us a "real run for their money" is absurd. I've never seen a fan base gets so excited after losing to an awful FBS team.
    [/quote]

Hey look, the clueless troll is back. You've just never seen a fanbase because you hangout on katfans.com. :-)