Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: ***Lamar vs Louisiana Tech....La Tech wins 27-14***

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: ***Lamar vs Louisiana Tech....La Tech wins 27-14***

[quote author=Cplatt link=topic=38491.msg1#msg1 date=1378607744]
    All you can ask for is to compete and be in a position to win the ball game and Lamar was. This shows that we are growing as a program and we need to keep building. Yes, we did have a damn good chance to win that game but hell, they paid a lot of money for us to go there and give them a game and we did. The SLC is a major FCS conference that's gonna have great teams. Great game Cards, keep working.
    Cplatt
    [/quote]
    +1

austinred

Re: ***Lamar vs Louisiana Tech....La Tech wins 27-14***

LU had a real chance to win this game so the loss was disappointing. But this is a much improved team over last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

just got home from the game. Cards are a lot better than last years team, they have some fight in them. I wasn't sure on the so called sac fumble, looked like QB had released the ball. Cards had their chances, key mistakes, and a little home brewing cost them. All and all I was impressed that Lamar didn't get an ass whipping like some people on here predicted.

LU 17

The line was 29. We were in this game until the very end. All we can ask for is to have a chance to win at the end against these FBS schools. We had that chance. Maybe next time we turn the corner and make that play. Hopefully, we didn't get to banged up. I am sad for the loss, but I feel progress is being made.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Any catches for superman Johnson? lol Thank goodness for Bacone!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=QB 22 link=topic=38491.msg52816#msg52816 date=1378646339]
    Any catches for superman Johnson? lol Thank goodness for Bacone!!
    [/quote]

Think he ended up with 2. Edwards/Harrington both ended up 5 which lead the team. Berry does a great job of spreading the ball around.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I'd say that this was the best game Lamar has played since returning football. I don't think many expected them to hang in there against a team that went bowling last year. I couldn't be happier.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=BigRed98 link=topic=38491.msg52818#msg52818 date=1378649012]
    I'd say that this was the best game Lamar has played since returning football. I don't think many expected them to hang in there against a team that went bowling last year. I couldn't be happier.
    [/quote]

Actually their AD screwed them from going bowling when he didn't immediately accept an invite to the Independence Bowl to face ULM thinking they had a shot at a couple other bowls but we get your point.

La Tech was the highest scoring offense in the FBS last season.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

That's right. I forgot about that debacle last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I was keeping up with the game on an app on my tablet. Won't do that again. There was a lot of good information, but the updates were way too slow. The best info I got was from the comments on the BRI site. The app would reflect those comments about 10-15 minutes later.

The whole time I was watching the "GameTracker" screen I was thinking I would have loved to see last night's game at PUS in front of the home crowd. I'm looking forward to this season's remaining games. I think this was a good test for the team. I would have liked to have a win, but I'm proud of the team and the progress it has made.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LUSportsFan link=topic=38491.msg52825#msg52825 date=1378650168]
    I was keeping up with the game on an app on my tablet. Won't do that again. There was a lot of good information, but the updates were way too slow. The best info I got was from the comments on the BRI site. The app would reflect those comments about 10-15 minutes later.

The whole time I was watching the "GameTracker" screen I was thinking I would have loved to see last night's game at PUS in front of the home crowd. I'm looking forward to this season's remaining games. I think this was a good test for the team. I would have liked to have a win, but I'm proud of the team and the progress it has made.
    [/quote]

I also tried to follow the game on my tablet. Bigredinsider and twitter were the best keeping me up to date. Next week the game will be on fox sports 1 but I'm afraid it won't be pretty.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Must figure out how to get ball to kj my gosh he is a 3 team aa. coaching is still very questionable!! Sorry but that is the way it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I went to the game this week and must say, I was quite impressed with our Cards. La Tech might be in a down year, but we are a good rising program. Much better than any competitive loss I saw last year. It was a fun experience although a lot of the other Cards fans sat around instead of cheering and getting into it...Tech's fans weren't that impressive either though having been to a few big time games before. Their student section was into it otherwise it was a quiet HS football game..

NorthoftheBorder

Just went and looked at the box score. 2 Key stats I think are the sack and turnover ratios: we lost both in that Berry was sacked 5 times compared to the Cards getting only 2 sacks on La Tech and we had 2 turnovers to La Techs 0! I do believe we have improved OL play, but we need to trun the sack stat around winning that battle as well as the turnovers!! If we could keep the sacks down to 2 or less against the better opponents that would be great!!

Cardinalrule

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=38491.msg52806#msg52806 date=1378610011]
    After seeing NC State squeak by Richmond, a fcs team, losing to La Tech by 13 is a little disappointing. Seems they are still making too many mistakes at key moments in the game. The SLC appears to be a lot stronger this year so it should be interesting to see how many games they can win. I do think the defense should keep them competitve all year.
    [/quote]

I agree. This is NOT the same La Tech team as last year. I hate to be a wet blanket but I am not sure la tech is any good this year so I have no idea if we are much better than last year.

As for the game, where was Mcvey? Why can't we adequately combat a blitz?