TEXANS @ CHARGERS Game Thread

Mike

I dvr'd the game and watched it this morning.

Nice comeback.

Nice interception for a TD return by Brian Cushing in the 4th quarter. Nice pass block by J.J. Watt. There were other good plays on both sides, but I found the game a very difficult one to watch. I was wishing the whole time that I could "dvr" a radio broadcast along with it so I could turn off the distracting ESPN commentary and listen to the radio play by play.

It was difficult to watch what was a great first half for "Bolts" fans and what should have been an exciting comeback for Texans fans...at least for this Texans fan. I found myself googling things like "Trent Dilfer worst commentator" and ended up with tons of hits. I already knew about Chris Berman so I didn't bother googling anything about him. Sad when lousy, distracting play by play takes over the game. Hopefully, I'm the exception and others didn't have the same experience I did.

Guest eagle eye

The Texans didn't come out of the box very hot---oh wait---they had almost 3 times the offense that San Diego before they made their comeback from being down 28-7. The same miscues that stopped the Texans early started to happen against the Chargers late in the game. Houston is better that the Chargers talentwise but they are still not half bad and Phillip Rivers didn't stop being good. Houston did what good teams do--they win on the road and they overcome adversity to win when they probably shouldn't.

I don't know what LeStar Jean started and DeAndre Hopkins didn't but it was clear Hopkins is head and shoulders better than Jean. Hopkins caught everthing thrown to him and Jean had at least two drops and two holding penalties to stop drives. Look for Hopkins to start from here on out.

It was nice to see Foster on the field but Houston didn't run very efficiently although Ben Tate looked pretty darn good, IMO better than Foster. Houston will get better running the ball and Foster will get better too as he gets into football shape.