Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: *** LAMAR at Oklahoma State oSu wins 59-3 ***

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: *** LAMAR at Oklahoma State Game Thread ***

[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=38530.msg53189#msg53189 date=1379214341]
    OSU did not leave their starters in. Did you watch the game? There backup QB was in in mid 3rd quarter. RB did not play in 2nd half.

Only positive in my mind was that Harrington and Harmon had decent games, but they had about 800 rushing attempts between the two of them. The zone read was ran almost exclusively.
    [/quote]

Lazeek, you're right they didn't leave their starters in the whole game. But, I know the starting QB was in until the drive where the backup scored his first rushing TD of his career. I will gladly post the time that occurred tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I was not able to watch any of this game so my question is what if any injuries did we suffer?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Woodard lost his balls with 7 minutes left....does that count as an injury?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Don't know how serious they were, but I recall injury timeouts for Ian Kelso and James Washington. Both left the field unassisted.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

eagle eye

The fact is we knew we were going to take a beating but for a team to literally run out the clock is effed up. We should have been trying to score as much as humanly possible. It seems to me Ray was trying to hold the score down by running the ball. He sure wasn't trying to win. The last drive was a disgrace.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Defense played pretty good ? BULLSHIT, they didn't do any better than the offense. I said schedule teams you can compete with, until your program grows more. Last week the LA Tech game was very competitive. How much money do you think T Boone Pickens invest in each of his players ? I bet 10 times more money than each Lamar player. I guess in the 4th, Woodard wanted some 2nd teamers to get a chance to play . I noticed quit a few 2nd teamers in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38530.msg53202#msg53202 date=1379231058]
    [/quote]

It could be worse. The name above his office door could be Mack Brown. Then he'd have thousands of OrangeBloods nipping at them.

VegasCard

I couldve used the late TD to get LU within the 49 points I was getting so I would've at least pushed. Go for those points everytime coach!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Does anyone else find it odd that the team would travel by bus? I mean you are making my guess at least $400,000 to play up there. Why would you not fly? 11 bus trip on Friday arriving in Tulsa Friday evening, staying in Tulsa and then having to bus into Stillwater before the game. Sure it would have cost likely an extra $40,000 for airfare (80 players/coaches X $400 per ticket), but it just makes sense to me to fly. Still had the expense of hotels and food either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=38530.msg53213#msg53213 date=1379258270]
    Does anyone else find it odd that the team would travel by bus? I mean you are making my guess at least $400,000 to play up there. Why would you not fly? 11 bus trip on Friday arriving in Tulsa Friday evening, staying in Tulsa and then having to bus into Stillwater before the game. Sure it would have cost likely an extra $40,000 for airfare (80 players/coaches X $400 per ticket), but it just makes sense to me to fly. Still had the expense of hotels and food either way.
    [/quote]On the telecast they said the team arrived by bus but will fly back. Seriously, it was sometime during the 4th.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

*** LAMAR at Oklahoma State Game Thread ***

wow guys. Lets put this game in perspective. We scored just as many points against Oklahoma State as Mississippi State --3-- nice interception and great 44 yd field goal by Stout.

If we are going to judge our performance we should judge the first half. I think Coaches assessment of B- to be accurate.

I love coach bashing as much as the next guy but only when it is valid. For example, mack brown top 10 recruiting class and team sucks.... That is obviously bad coaching. Lamar basically runs the same offense as Oklahoma State. Same offense, different players, you get my point? Ok state is supposed to win the Big 12. Woodard ran the clock out at the end... So what! Final score 58-3 instead of 72-3. The players showed heart and did the best they could. Berry, begelton, o line and d line were out there fighting hard. I love the heart of KJ. The guy is fearless and tried to make a play for his team.

I dont get the negativity in this situation. I say we wait and see how we do in conference against teams we should be competitive against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

*** LAMAR at Oklahoma State Game Thread ***

Should have flown up there. Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Cardinalrule

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38530.msg53202#msg53202 date=1379231058]
    [/quote]

I don't think so because I think he lost his balls sometime during the second season.

Cardinalrule

[quote author=dirtybird link=topic=38530.msg53207#msg53207 date=1379253529]
    Defense played pretty good ? BULLSHIT, they didn't do any better than the offense. I said schedule teams you can compete with, until your program grows more. Last week the LA Tech game was very competitive. How much money do you think T Boone Pickens invest in each of his players ? I bet 10 times more money than each Lamar player. I guess in the 4th, Woodard wanted some 2nd teamers to get a chance to play . I noticed quit a few 2nd teamers in there.
    [/quote]

Technically we should be able to "compete" every time we are on the field, regardless of opponent. But, if Woodard and Kueck are going to approach these games like this (and we aren't going to fire them) then I agree, we shouldn't schedule them. We should just play Bacone and OPSU every week.

Cardinalrule

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=38530.msg53197#msg53197 date=1379216431]
    Last year they got blown out by average FBS teams (at best) so being down 31-3 at the half to a ranked team is an improvement. Turnovers are way down this year. Special teams are still a liability. Like the UCA game last year they choose to spend half the 4th qtr runnning the ball. At least our RBs don't fumble like last year. Defense played well but with no offense they will give up a lot of points.

I give them a B- for the first half but a D- for the second half.
    [/quote]

I must have watched a different game than you. First half: defense F, offense D-. Second half: defense D-, offense F. Coaching, zeroes...dropped out, quit, withdrew.