Thread: Week 6 Gambling Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Week 6 Gambling Thread

I had a decent Saturday and terrible Sunday last week. Here's 10 games I like today:

Georgia Tech @ Miami (FL) -7
    Arizona State @ Notre Dame +7
    Kansas State @ Oklahoma State -13.5
    TCU +9 @ Oklahoma
    Oregon -40 @ Colorado
    Maryland +16.5 @ Florida State
    Clemson -14.5 @ Syracuse
    NC State -7 @ Wake Forest
    West Virginia @ Baylor -30
    LSU -8 at Mississippi State

Who do you guys like?
    2013 Pick Results:

NCAA: 73-52-2 ATS
    NFL: 40-35-1 ATS

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Week 6 Gambling Thread

I'll bet there are some nervous nellies in the GT-Miami game. Score is tied at 17 at the half.

I might just take Notre Dame and the points tonight. Notre Dame is tough at home despite what happened against OU last week. Does anyone think ASU is as good as OU?

OU giving 9 to TCU? Sounds like a trap to me especially with OU at home. I think I'll give the points here and take OU.

Watching McNeese and Central Florida on tv. McNeese ran an INT 96 yards for a TD on an ill-adviced throw by the CFU QB. CFU came right back and scored to TIE the score at 21 in the second qtr.

I like LSU to cover tonight. They'll be a little testy after losing such a close game last week. +8 is not too much to take.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=VegasCard link=topic=38609.msg53893#msg53893 date=1380985390]
    I had a decent Saturday and terrible Sunday last week. Here's 10 games I like today:

Georgia Tech @ Miami (FL) -7 (W)
    Arizona State @ Notre Dame +7 (W)
    Kansas State @ Oklahoma State -13.5 (L)
    TCU +9 @ Oklahoma (W)
    Oregon -40 @ Colorado (W)
    Maryland +16.5 @ Florida State (L)
    Clemson -14.5 @ Syracuse (W)
    NC State -7 @ Wake Forest (L)
    West Virginia @ Baylor -30 (W)
    LSU -8 at Mississippi State (W)

Who do you guys like?
    [/quote]

I had a good day yesterday. My only problem was I played NC State and Oklahoma State heavy which prevented me from having a great day. Other games I played but didnt post were these:

Ball State +4 @ Virginia (W)
    Arkansas @ Florida -13.5 (W)
    Washington +9 @ Stanford (W)
    Cincinnati -10 @ South Florida (L)

I ended my night playing a parlay on the Washington Huskies +3.5 in the 2nd half with the total Over which was set at 26. For the season my college record against the spread sits at : 24-15-2 If only I could get my NFL luck to catch up. (8-12)

2013 Pick Results:

boomer

How do you feel about the Pro games today. I have an hour to fill out my sheet and would like to see your take.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I'm trying to get on track on the NFL side of things this week. So far I sit 5-8 ATS on the limited games I've posted on here but overall the games I've played and have not posted haven't fared much better. Here is how I see the schedule this week:

These are my favorite games:

San Diego @ Oakland +5 (I like the Raiders at home where they've had success vs SD getting that many points)

Houston @ San Francisco -5 (SF due a solid performance and Houston held a players only meeting this week...uh oh)

Baltimore +3 @ Miami (Miami went all in emotionally and got blasted in NO last week, can they rebound?)

NY Jets @ Atlanta -9 (Jets aren't as good as their record and Atlanta really needs a win, and they're at home)

Jacksonville @ St. Louis -11 (My college rule is I pick Oregon and Baylor no matter the spread until they let me down, same applies for betting against Jacksonville until further notice)

I may put a play in on these:

Seattle @ Indianapolis +3 (Colts still don't seem to be getting respect from Vegas to this point and I've benefited from it in prior weeks, which included a money line steal a few weeks back in SF..Seattle travelling across country again after an emotional win last week in Houston)

Detroit @ Green Bay -7 (Detroit not getting Vegas love early this season either but they proved them wrong against Washington and Chicago. I don't think they'll do it this week vs a desperate GB team at home)

Kansas City @ Tennessee +3 (Jake Locker was playing well but is his injury a deal breaker?? I'm not buying it. Titans been playing well and KC is due a letdown week. Give me the Titans and the points at home)

The rest of the games:

New England -1.5 @ Cincy (Cincinnati cost me last week and NE saved me. All the injuries have to catch up with NE right??)

New Orleans @ Chicago +1.5 (Bears coming off their first defeat on the road and NO coming off an emotional MNF win. Ill go with the Bears getting points at home)

Philadelphia @ NY Giants -2 (Giants have to win a game, right?)

Carolina -2.5 @ Arizona (it's just a gut feeling that Carolina is about to go on a little positive run)

Denver @ Dallas +9 (I just cant pick against Dallas getting that many points at home. Not to mention they have a history of upsetting undefeated teams, one being Peyton Manning and his then 9-0 Colts 21-14 in 2006)

Good Luck everyone.

2013 Pick Results:

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I keep going back and forth on the NE @ Cincy game, ughh.
    2013 Pick Results:

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

How many people got screwed because of the freak TD at the end of the Ohio State-Northwester game?

I won two of three. Notre Dame covered and won outright, LSU won giving the points. My loss was OU barely beat TCU which means they covered the spread. TCU played their asses off in Norman.