Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ** LU at SHSU Game Thread...SHSU wins 14-3**

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: ** LU at SHSU Game Thread **

[quote author=dirtybird link=topic=38631.msg54205#msg54205 date=1381627022]
    I was at the game. At halftime I was excited that Lamar was hanging tough, and take away a few mistakes, should of been leading. Midway in 4th its like someone on offense forgot what they were doing. Why did they stop the short passes ? seemed to be working in the 1st half. Its pretty tough for 5 guys to block 8 guys, I don't care who you are. Why didn't Lamar offense play caller pick up on the blitz? IM proud how Lamar went into this game, players playing hard, and not being intimidated. Defense was great tonight. Special teams punt coverage not so good. Offense line I thought did their job pretty well. This had to be the hottest football game I ever watched. I saw 4 people pass out at concession stand. 2:00 starts not very smart in my oppinion
    [/quote]

This has been my concern for a long time. We have no clue how to beat a blitz. I don't know if it is the coach, the qb, the line, the rb's, the receivers or what but we CANNOT beat a blitz. It is frustrating. And why in the world don't we ever use a tight end? If they send 7 and we have 5 lineman and a rb it doesn't matter how good your offensive line is. There aint enough of em to block the blitzers. So, somebody has to beat man to man coverage. And somebody has to call a play that demands that the qb gets rid of the ball very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: ** LU at SHSU Game Thread...SHSU wins 14-3**

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=38631.msg54244#msg54244 date=1381693116]
    I think the remaining schedule is favorable for LU. 4 home games (UCA, Nicholls, SFA, McNeese) and 2 on the road against SELA and NW State. I think LU has good chance to beat UCA (homecoming plus LU seems to always play them close), Nicholls and SFA. Lamar is due for a road win and probably the best chance would be against NW State (who got killed by Nicholls last night).

I would love to see a 7-4 LU up against a 10-1 McNeese for the final home game. How big of a crowd would be at that game?
    [/quote]
    Ha

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

** LU at SHSU Game Thread...SHSU wins 14-3**

There are always things we can point out with regard to coaching. For example, I don't like it when we are on the five yard line about to score and we line up in a no running back formation. The defense knows we are passing and there is no room for the receivers to move... We cant even do play action to make the defense consider the run... We did this against Grambling and SAM and both times the play resulted in interceptions.... Personally,when we are in goal line offense , i say we line up in a pro style set with plough at full bAck and harrington at tailback and run it down their throats or do play action pass from that formation. And if they stop us, good for them and we kick a field goal. But at the end of the day, the coaches dont throw int's and nor do they run routes and block... Our playmakers have to step up and make a play regardless of the play call. A coach can definitely lose a game, but it takes players making plays in order to win. Coaches didnt lose that game... I say good job coaches and players... Keep working hard.... We are gonna get there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Hey I am not a hard sale I think we can be sfa and nwla, but the others have gotten just as good as us. I would like to see lu win the rest of their games as Woodard told them they were not going to lose another game. Unless we get better quick in special teams it is going to continue to be field position swings and momentum swings (missed fgs, etc). Lets hope they roll!!

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

A win/upset would have been nice but it sounds like Lamar made a game of it and has improved greatly from last year. I understand that the offense was predictable in the 2nd half. We need to be able to make adjustments at halftime if things aren't working. And why wasn't KJ playing??? We need a play maker playing. Might have been the difference.

All in all, I like the improvement that I see and I believe we will have more W's than L's when this season is over.
    Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

** LU at SHSU Game Thread...SHSU wins 14-3**

[quote author=LU1991 link=topic=38631.msg1#msg1 date=1381713582]
    A win/upset would have been nice but it sounds like Lamar made a game of it and has improved greatly from last year. I understand that the offense was predictable in the 2nd half. We need to be able to make adjustments at halftime if things aren't working. And why wasn't KJ playing??? We need a play maker playing. Might have been the difference.

All in all, I like the improvement that I see and I believe we will have more W's than L's when this season is over.
    [/quote]

I agree on everything. The receivers rotate and KJ wasnt even in the rotation.... Im not following the coaches thought process on KJ. If i were coaching he would be on the field. He would be asking me to take him out because he was tired. Im not sure what the deal is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk