Thread: Here to Eat Crow

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Here to Eat Crow

I promised before, and I'm a man of my word, Lamar played damn well last night. If that game had been in Beaumont, I think the Cards may have come out on top. Sam's offense didn't show up last night, and I"m not even sure they were in the same area code. Lamar's Run D stopped our running game and smothered Flanders. I think at the end of the 3rd, he only had 14 carries for 12 yards!

Lamar is much improved, and you guys have some good things in the work down the line.

Well done.
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Here to Eat Crow

Well that has been a long time coming.

You can't be too down though, you guys still won.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=38598.msg53836#msg53836 date=1380662695]
    Side note, while I do think the game will be about 54-17 in favor of Sam, I would not be surprised if Lamar scores more (because our defense has been off and on all year). While I don't think you will, it's possible.

On the other hand, I would be VERY surprised, and come back eating crow if Lamar held Sam to under 35 points. That, I don't see happening at all.
    [/quote]
    Yep...looks like you have to crow. Looking forward to next year!
    Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I don't think you have to eat any crow.all indicators pointed to a lopsided sam win.we knew lamar had improved but they still hadn't proved anything.it was nice to see lamar get another moral victory(2nd on the year first was la tech).now its time to forget about moral victories and win some games.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I said in another post about this game that I don't see moral victories but Lamar has shown they are a better team than in past years. Lamar played well and I think some of the problems SAM was having had a lot to do with Lamar playing outstanding defense. Our schedule prior to last Saturday's game was an either feast or famine. We were either out of our class or we played below our class so it wasn't really clear where LU was at. Now, with this game under our belts the Cardinals have to know they can play with anyone in the conference. That's pretty cool. Our next challange is to put some wins together and the crowds in Provost-Humphrey Stadium will grow by the week. I know I'm premature here but 2013 could the beginning of our climb to being legit in football.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=38638.msg54241#msg54241 date=1381687307]
    I promised before, and I'm a man of my word, Lamar played damn well last night. If that game had been in Beaumont, I think the Cards may have come out on top. Sam's offense didn't show up last night, and I"m not even sure they were in the same area code. Lamar's Run D stopped our running game and smothered Flanders. I think at the end of the 3rd, he only had 14 carries for 12 yards!

Lamar is much improved, and you guys have some good things in the work down the line.

Well done.
    [/quote]

You are stand up guy Woot and a credit to your almer mater!! You were getting no pushback from the LU faithful on another lopsided Bearkat win. We are encouraged by our performance Saturday but I am still hesitant until I see that they can play at this level consistently and win some conference games!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

i pushed back just a little bit by prediciting LU would LOSE 35-17 and he indicated i was "delirious". glad he is coming clean but his arrogance was unnecessary. I think Bell, Flanders and Sincere are all gone after this year so if i was him i would be a little more gracious because paybacks can be nasty.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Lamarcard81 link=topic=38638.msg54279#msg54279 date=1381841347]
    i pushed back just a little bit by prediciting LU would LOSE 35-17 and he indicated i was "delirious". glad he is coming clean but his arrogance was unnecessary. I think Bell, Flanders and Sincere are all gone after this year so if i was him i would be a little more gracious because paybacks can be nasty.
    [/quote]

You were definately in the minority! We haven't seen anything yet to show that we were going to hang within 11 points. Hey comared to 5 pennies, Woot is "Mother Theresa"!!!

mendelj

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=38638.msg54277#msg54277 date=1381805732]
    [quote author=JJWooten link=topic=38638.msg54241#msg54241 date=1381687307]

Well done.
    [/quote]

You are stand up guy Woot and a credit to your almer mater!! You were getting no pushback from the LU faithful on another lopsided Bearkat win. We are encouraged by our performance Saturday but I am still hesitant until I see that they can play at this level consistently and win some conference games!!
    [/quote]

When you decide to believe in something strongly enough hesitancy should never be part of your vocabulary. The movers and shakers of the world are never hesitant. They take the bull by the horns and press full steam ahead as this team has done this year. On the way there you stumble a few times, as has this team, but you get up and keep on pushing. This team has done that this year and my hat goes off to them. I hope this Board continues to support them, even when they stumble, as long as they get back up.