LAMAR vs Central Arkansas Predictions

Mike

Guest mendelj

Liked our chances in this game, even before UCA lost their qb. Our offense does have me concerned, tho.

LU 20

UCA 14

I've been concerned about you after some of your past posts:)

Guest mendelj

Liked our chances in this game, even before UCA lost their qb. Our offense does have me concerned, tho.

LU 20

UCA 14

But, I still have confidence in you, because sooner or later, this Cardinal football team will win you over:)

I believe LU will win a close one Saturday. Like Coach and others I see areas still in need of improvement before feeling any confidence. Can the offensive line handle the blitz, I think this was what Sam did to stop LU from really moving the ball in the second half. Berry's decision making on passes into the end zone. Punt coverage, either Kahler out kicks it or he doesn't have enough hang time, either way punt coverage seems to be the worst part of special teams at this point.

LU 20

UCA 14

But, I still have confidence in you, because sooner or later, this Cardinal football team will win you over:)

win me over?

I am Big Red all the way...but.................fact is...the offense aint exactly been on fire

I agree that since Grambling State Lamar has struggled on offense but no time like the present to get out of their funk. Lamar will run the ball and move the chains. The defense showed something against SAM and I look for us to build on that. Lamar 31 Central Arkansas 21. Go Cards!

If we 'approach' this game like we approached the first half of Oklahoma State and the first half of Bacone we will win by 2 touchdowns. If we 'approach' this game like we approached all the other games we will lose by 2 touchdowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After rereading my post I choose option 'A'. Lamar wins by 14.

Lamar 24

Central Arkansas 10

Guest mendelj

LU 20

UCA 14

win me over?

I am Big Red all the way...but.................fact is...the offense aint exactly been on fire

You say that like winning you over is something hard to do. And.... you say you are Big Red all the way. Going back and looking at most of your posts, you have not been too BIG on Red. But that's okay. Glad you are starting to come around a little. Of course, when the going gets rough we can always suit you up and put you in on the offense and you can show them how it is done.

Here is the UCA Channel 6 Scoreboard preview of Central Arkansas at Lamar

http://www.myfountainonline.com/preview-bears-vs-cardinals-2

Thanks for the link!!

For those like me who were not familiar with The Fountain, here's some info from the website's "About" page.

The Fountain launched Feb. 8, 2010, as a class project by students in the Mass Communication and Theatre Department at the University of Central Arkansas and continues each semester with new students. The Fountain provides the campus an online daily newspaper while providing a training platform for students in the online journalism program.

In 2012, the Society of Professional Journalists named The Fountain the best independent online newspaper among all the universities in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee.

The link will take you to a well done (IMO) 6:24 minute video discussing the two teams and Saturday's game.

Thanks again for the link!

LU 20

UCA 14

win me over?

You say that like winning you over is something hard to do. And.... you say you are Big Red all the way. Going back and looking at most of your posts, you have not been too BIG on Red. But that's okay. Glad you are starting to come around a little. Of course, when the going gets rough we can always suit you up and put you in on the offense and you can show them how it is done.

I've tried to be politically correct on this thread, but to hell with it...3 picks against grambling, int in the endzone against La Tech and SHSU, completing 41% of passes against Sam...not gonna win many games that way...have I said one damn thing about him?...

my biggest complaint is against Woodard..i dont care for him...you may wanna go in the wayback machine and look who was pulling for Berry to play when Bevil was running around like a chicken with his head cut off and JJ was the best thing since sliced bread

LU 20

UCA 14

win me over?

I've tried to be politically correct on this thread, but to hell with it...3 picks against grambling, int in the endzone against La Tech and SHSU, completing 41% of passes against Sam...not gonna win many games that way...have I said one damn thing about him?...

my biggest complaint is against Woodard..i dont care for him...you may wanna go in the wayback machine and look who was pulling for Berry to play when Bevil was running around like a chicken with his head cut off and JJ was the best thing since sliced bread

. Berry playing with a broken ankle proved to me he should start. However, as of late, he is stinking up the joint. I haven't seen any film but 41% is awful. And the picks in the end zone are HUGE momentum changers. He HAS to play better. Of course, it would help if we'd realize that it is ok to use the middle if the field. And it is ok to use the tight end. And we have to figure out a way to burn blitzes. I don't anticipate we will do any if those things so:

Lamar 13

UCA. 24

Guest mendelj

LU 20

UCA 14

win me over?

I seldom get on this board and this will be my last post. Calling individual player names out in team sports is really not cool. The WHOLE team played poorly the first quarter and a half of the Grambling game but recovered and won the game. Defense stepped it up and the ENTIRE offense put up 535 yards total offense, 399 of those yards being passing yards with receivers making some great catches. We finished well with a 27-16 win on the road. As for 41% passing, it is obvious that neither you or Cardinalrule went to the game. Eight passes or more had to be thrown out of bounds to keep from losing yardage from a sack. Good thing players are more worried about what is best for the team instead of their percentages. And as for the 3 interceptions at the Grambling game, we did WIN that game, 27-16. If you and Cardinalrule actually want to see some game film from the Sam Houston/Lamar game just go to Southland.org and watch the Sam Houston vs Lamar Highlights. This will give the REAL idea of how it ACTUALLY went offensively last Saturday. And Cardinalrule, what really "stinks up the joint" are posts that call out players by name that get driven and slammed to the ground who are actually working hard everyday to get Lamar Football on the right track so that as some of the posters put it "We can be a legit football team"

Hope to see the two of you Saturday with your Red On. You gentlemen have a blessed day ;)

Medelj, my one beef with your post is that u said that this 'was your last post'. I certainly hope that u reconsider.

Its easy for a football fan to say, 41% completion rate is bad.

Football is a team sport like no other.

Eli Manning can go from a superbowl MVP to losing every game and having bad stats. Is Eli doing poorly because he, all of a sudden, is not a good quarterback? Anybody who knows anything about football knows that its the 'team.'

By calling out the QB 'they' are actually calling out the whole offense, i think. Honestly, the Offense has not executed well to this point.

But, i think that we will put it together this weekend.

We will see..