Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can LU win 6 games?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Can LU win 6 games?

[quote author=WOS95 link=topic=38662.msg54532#msg54532 date=1382397217]
    [quote author=Lamarcard81 link=topic=38662.msg54518#msg54518 date=1382369434]
    As an optimistic Cardinal I think they can win those 3 games and end the season 6-6. However, if they don't then Southeast Texas is getting just what it deserves. Beautiful weather, competitive team, fantastic halftime fireworks show, HOMECOMING and ATTENDANCE SUCKED!!! WTF? Gold season ticket holders did not show up, students did not show up, students did not raise hell, general public did not show up! WTF?
    [/quote]

..why is everyone so obsessed with Lamar attendance? this is a working class area...PEOPLE have to go to work, STUDENTS have to go to work...now the season ticket holders not showing up? i dont understand that...why would u spend $500 on a seat and not show up..im a season ticket holder and im there at every game..and if i cant be there i give my tickets away...This is a new era of Lamar football...did u really think we would be at the level of sam houston, mcneese, or sfa by now? we didnt have a football team for 21 years for goodness sakes...but were competing now and not getting blown out like we have been the past 3 years...now granted its getting VERY CLOSE to where they have to take the next step and start winning conference games and have a chance for a playoff spot, hopefully next year will be that year....if they dont make the playoffs next year then i would start to look for a new coach...and yes i think LU can beat SFA, Nicholls, and NW State...the two conference games we lost so far were to top 25 teams...those were not going to be easy wins.
    [/quote]

hahaha on a Saturday night? Some may be working that would have gone but not many. I didn't see it myself but heard from others that some kept tailgating after the game started...couldn't let go of the beer I guess...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Lamarcard81 link=topic=38662.msg54561#msg54561 date=1382535912]
    I was there and filled my 8 seats and drove from Houston. And drove back to Houston when it was over.

It was HOMECOMING and attendance was pathetic. 8000 may not be pathetic for the Nichols game on 11/2....but it was pathetic for Homecoming. IT WAS HOMECOMING!
    [/quote]

While I agree with you it could and should be better (sold out to the end of the game would be nice while I'm dreaming...) For me though it was the best game atmosphere I've seen since I started going to games last year. A close score against a ranked opponent helps. I guess what I'm saying is, it could be better, but for those that stuck it through were great imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Yep if we schedule Grambling 7 times. Yep, we'd lose one.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

if the opponent agrees not to pass....and doesnt blitz...we can win 5

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Can LU win 6 games?

That is funny.

I think SFA is gonna be tough with that offense of theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk