Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is OC bad or dumbing down offense?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Is OC bad or dumbing down offense?

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38675.msg1#msg1 date=1382726761]
    ..3 more years of dull Ray, they'll be having buy 1 get 5 free tickets
    [/quote]

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Is OC bad or dumbing down offense?

3 MORE YEARS ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LamarAlum link=topic=38675.msg1#msg1 date=1382846254]
    3 MORE YEARS ARE YOU SERIOUS?
    [/quote]

It is difficult defending my statement and position at this particular moment. I am disappointed in tonights game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I saw some good things in last night's game, but there were way too many negatives.

Very disappointed. I wasn't necessarily expecting a win, but I was expecting the team to show up.

I haven't given up on the team. I doubt that I ever will. There's a lot that needs to be fixed, though.

Last night's game reinforced a growing belief that staff changes may been needed. I think Coach Woodard did a great job at restarting football from nothing. Before last night's game, it looked like we were on the right track. We took a huge step backward last night, though. The team looked lethargic. The play calling was predictable. SLU punched gaping holes in our defense and exposed our defensive backs. There may be an underlying cause other than poor coaching or a team that didn't show up on the field. If so, that's still on the coaching staff. They are the motivators. They are paid to put the team in a position to at least be respectible. I saw none of that last night.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The bright spot is, Lamar has some good young players, doing well on the field. Ma be time to give some of the other younger guys a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=dirtybird link=topic=38675.msg54687#msg54687 date=1382885251]
    The bright spot is, Lamar has some good young players, doing well on the field. May be time to give some of the other younger guys a shot.
    [/quote]

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

While they are much improved, both OL and DL are still the biggest weakness on Lamar's team. OL does not consistently pass block effectively, especially against any kind of blitz. The run game is least effective attempting to go up the middle, it relies on Berry's decision making on whether to hand off or not and the the running back getting to the edge. Against better defenses the OL weakness shows up. DL doesn't get enough pressure on the qb without help, which gives the opponent time to find the open receiver putting pressure on the DBs to make plays to stop the pass. SELA had a mobile qb with a pretty accurate arm so he put a lot of pressure on the LBs hence SELA was able to score at will. Kickoff coverage is probably Lamar's biggest weakness, if we kick it deep and don't get it through the endzone the other team seams to get a great return and a short field. So we pooch kick it and give them good to great field position.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=geezer link=topic=38675.msg54696#msg54696 date=1382904481]
    While they are much improved, both OL and DL are still the biggest weakness on Lamar's team. OL does not consistently pass block effectively, especially against any kind of blitz. The run game is least effective attempting to go up the middle, it relies on Berry's decision making on whether to hand off or not and the the running back getting to the edge. Against better defenses the OL weakness shows up. DL doesn't get enough pressure on the qb without help, which gives the opponent time to find the open receiver putting pressure on the DBs to make plays to stop the pass. SELA had a mobile qb with a pretty accurate arm so he put a lot of pressure on the LBs hence SELA was able to score at will. Kickoff coverage is probably Lamar's biggest weakness, if we kick it deep and don't get it through the endzone the other team seams to get a great return and a short field. So we pooch kick it and give them good to great field position.
    [/quote]I don't buy that. if you look at the sacks on Lamars QB. how many are coverage sacks. Now the outside rush has hurt the Cardinals all season. To me the play calling is what has killed the Cardinals this year on Offense.
    Against Sam was it the O line's fault that we threw a pic in the end zone? Against Arkansas was it their fault that when we just ran 8 yards on 1st down, then tried three passes that fell to the ground, with a minute left in game ? Was it the D line's fault that Central Arkansas QB threw a jump ball in double coverage, and was caught by their receiver ? I could keep going all the way back to the Grambling game, but I think that's enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=dirtybird link=topic=38675.msg54691#msg54691 date=1382901198]
    The bright spot is, Lamar has some good young players, doing well on the field. May be time to give some of the other younger guys a shot.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    I think it's time to see a lot of new faces on the field because what we're using doesn't seem to be working. Also what happened to Kevin Johnson he went from being the best receiver to not playing receiver at all, is he still in Kueck's dog house? I hate to say this again but it's time for a coaching change, the friend network isn't working. The team has gotten worse since Kueck arrived.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LamarAlum link=topic=38675.msg1#msg1 date=1382905657]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    I think it's time to see a lot of new faces on the field because what we're using doesn't seem to be working. Also what happened to Kevin Johnson he went from being the best receiver to not playing receiver at all, is he still in Kueck's dog house? I hate to say this again but it's time for a coaching change, the friend network isn't working. The team has gotten worse since Kueck arrived.
    [/quote]

If Kevin Johnson is eligible to play, meaning he is not suspended, he has made the grades, how in the world can any coach justify the fact that he does not play on the offense??

Because of something he said last year? Doghouse? Give me a break. He served his suspension, did what was asked of him and still doesn't play. So, this teaches him if you do what you are supposed to do you may still get treated unfairly. Shame on the coaches.

It seams as though the coaches are making a business decision(play the best receiver you have or not) with their emotions( im not playing him because he did not give me the respect i wanted last year).

If coaches want to make a decision as controversial as not playing a player like KJ, you had better win.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Card Nation link=topic=38675.msg54699#msg54699 date=1382909480]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

If Kevin Johnson is eligible to play, meaning he is not suspended, he has made the grades, how in the world can any coach justify the fact that he does not play on the offense??

Because of something he said last year? Doghouse? Give me a break. He served his suspension, did what was asked of him and still doesn't play. So, this teaches him if you do what you are supposed to do you may still get treated unfairly. Shame on the coaches.

It seams as though the coaches are making a business decision(play the best receiver you have or not) with their emotions( im not playing him because he did not give me the respect i wanted last year).

If coaches want to make a decision as controversial as not playing a player like KJ, you had better win.

[/quote]

he doesnt block...and tries about every 3rd play...came in last night and ran the wrong route...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38675.msg54701#msg54701 date=1382919707]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

he doesnt block...and tries about every 3rd play...came in last night and ran the wrong route...
    [/quote]

I think the coaches should know how to use him, he could definitely be a decoy if nothing else since he was the only known threat the other teams had to prepare for coming into this season. He can help clear the field for our little 5 and outs that Kueck loves to throw to the RB's. Also where are our tight ends, do we still have them? Shame on the coaches for having players in the dog house and I bet KJ's not the only one. Coaches need remember pride comes before the fall.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38675.msg1#msg1 date=1382919707]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He hasnt played enough for me to respond on his run blocking and effort. I saw the play he came in on last night. The pass thrown was not near him. I don't know if he ran the wrong route or if the pass was errant. Maybe u have info on that play that i don't though.

Im just frustrated that we gave up 42 unanswered points with an athlete like KJ not getting an opportunity. Nothing against the other receivers. I think we have a 'great' group of receivers.

Heck, put KJ on defense somewhere!!

Hasn't anyone seen 'Remember the Titans'?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Yea!! We play Nichols . Now we can get our usual one and only conference win. I've seen better OC's in junior high.