Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awful Quiet

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Awful Quiet

If you are like me letting SELA put 56 points on the board has really taken the wind out of my sails. I don't know what to think now. I am looking forward to the game Saturday and I will be there but I expect dismal attendance. I hope the kids bounce back and smack Nichols but I am not making any predictions. Its up to them now. Hunting season is starting and the we have lost 3 in a row. Home field advantage will be minimal.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Awful Quiet

I'm more disappointed in the loss to UCA than the SELA game. Lamar's favored to beat both Nicholls and SFA and should probably beat NW State, but being 0-3 in conference doesn't get anybody excited about that. If Lamar had beat UCA, they'd be 1-2 with a great chance of being 4-2 in conference with a big season-ending game against a 6-0 or 5-2 McNeese.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Awful Quiet

Central Arkansas was deflating.

Sela was demoralizing.

We could win the next 3 games or lose the next 3. I really don't have a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

There is a big gap in our (the die hard fans) expectations and the actual performance and outcome of this team. I am probably in the camp of wait and see myself. Won't be at the game as I am headed to Ft Worth to see Nascar on Sunday!! The last 3 games made it easy to justify making the trip Saturday afternoon instead of a 1 day Sunday trip like I would normally do!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Awful Quiet

True. This is also a good reason to schedule other 'quality' fcs programs in our non conference schedule. We need to get a more accurate assessment of where we are and what we can or cant do early. Figuring out where we are half way thru conference is too late or at a minimum makes it very difficult to make corrections or fix things.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Card Nation link=topic=38689.msg54755#msg54755 date=1383159898]
    True. This is also a good reason to schedule other 'quality' fcs programs in our non conference schedule. We need to get a more accurate assessment of where we are and what we can or cant do early. Figuring out where we are half way thru conference is too late or at a minimum makes it very difficult to make corrections or fix things.

[/quote]

Is La Tech considered a quality FCS team? ;D

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=38689.msg54749#msg54749 date=1383151550]
    I'm more disappointed in the loss to UCA than the SELA game. Lamar's favored to beat both Nicholls and SFA and should probably beat NW State, but being 0-3 in conference doesn't get anybody excited about that. If Lamar had beat UCA, they'd be 1-2 with a great chance of being 4-2 in conference with a big season-ending game against a 6-0 or 5-2 McNeese.
    [/quote]

I cant believe we are favored to beat anybody...mr massey has us last in the SLC...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The teams seem to be grouped together. Looking at the composite ratings the top 4 are:

#6 McNeese
    #11 SHSU
    #14 SELA
    #28 UCA

Then the bottom 4:

#59 Nicholls
    #66 NW State
    #68 SFA
    #76 LU

I'll be disappointed if they don't win 3 of 4 to end the season. Out of the 4 remaining games, 3 are home games and 3 are against bottom feeders. SELA has made steady improvement the last 4 years while Lamar keeps taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards (or maybe the other way around).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

losing sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=38689.msg54759#msg54759 date=1383162628]
    The teams seem to be grouped together. Looking at the composite ratings the top 4 are:

#6 McNeese
    #11 SHSU
    #14 SELA
    #28 UCA

Then the bottom 4:

#59 Nicholls
    #66 NW State
    #68 SFA
    #76 LU

I'll be disappointed if they don't win 3 of 4 to end the season. Out of the 4 remaining games, 3 are home games and 3 are against bottom feeders. SELA has made steady improvement the last 4 years while Lamar keeps taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards (or maybe the other way around).
    [/quote]

Bottom feeders? Coach, we are at the bottom!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Awful Quiet

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38689.msg1#msg1 date=1383168966]
    [quote author=coachacola link=topic=38689.msg54759#msg54759 date=1383162628]

#6 McNeese
    #11 SHSU
    #14 SELA
    #28 UCA

Then the bottom 4:

#59 Nicholls
    #66 NW State
    #68 SFA
    #76 LU

[/quote]

Bottom feeders? Coach, we are at the bottom!
    [/quote]

Do u think Woodard is gone after this year?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Woodard is under contract through the 2014 season. At this point I don't think he has angered the big money people that would have to buy out his contract to fire him, so unless he chooses to resign he will most likely be back next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I am a die hard fan of the McNeese Cowboys. From what I read ya'll have really undersold the talent at SELA. Their OB is a transfer from University of Oregon. The only reason he left was he couldn't beat out Marcus Mariotta (i say he will win the Heisman Trophy this year).He was a 5 star recruit out of Ca. his senior year. The Lions also have several starters who have transferred in this year. They play McNeese this Sat. in Lake Charles and I expect a very competitive game. I will not be suprised if they beat the Cowboys. I look for the Lions to beat SHSU as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If we are collectively under-rating SELA's talent it is because so-called experts (Massey) have been doing the same. I hope you are right and SELA is better than Sam because Sam only scored 14 on us. We will see. When ya'll come to Beaumont on 11/23..leave that "Jolie Blanc" in Lake Chuck.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If you are a fan of LU football then you are a fan. Not going to talk noise about somebody going to another event, but I am an LU fan. I will set my butt in the stands this week and watch my team compete and hopefully win. Hell yeah, go LU.