Thread: Wading Back Into The Sea of Guarded Optimism

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Wading Back Into The Sea of Guarded Optimism

Not because we beat Nichols....but because SELA is obviously better than I thought.

I am back to thinking we may be the best of the bottom half (which is PROGRESS and something to build on!). Progress is fine with me for now.

I hope we can beat the Demons and draw a better crowd for SFA.

GO BIG RED!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Wading Back Into The Sea of Guarded Optimism

LU has leapfrogged several teams in the Massey Composite Ratings (42 rankings) but I still think anything less than 6 wins will be a disappointing season.

8 SELU
    12 SHSU
    14 McNeese
    37 UCA
    56 NW State
    62 Lamar
    71 SFA
    72 Nicholls

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: "I hope we can beat the Demons and draw a better crowd."

+1

Saturday's game was very entertaining. There was good play by both teams.

I hope more fans turn out for our remaining home games. The hope is on several levels. At a selfish level, I think a full stadium provides a better atmosphere. From an empathetic perspective, I'm sorry for the fans who don't show up. They miss some very entertaining football. Also, I think this team deserves more support in the stadium.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If we could get half the people that show up to tailgate to walk a couple extra yards into the stadium we would sell out every game. I went to the Homecoming and my wife and I were the only ones from our tailgate to go in. Everyone had their Lamar Shirts, Lamar Hats, Lamar Shoes but no one had their Lamar Game Ticket. Just cant understand this, but I am not surprised by it. Southeast Texas has never supported anything except for drinkin Bud Light and fighting at closing time.

Sorry it just gets me frustrated, I drive in five hours for a game and people would rather sit in the parking lot than go in and support their University.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I agree about homecoming. From the numbers I saw tailgating, I thought we for sure had a sell out.

Bottom line, we need to consistently win to expect consistent support. That said, I think this team is playing overall the best football that we have seen since we've brought football back. They deserve our support outside and inside the stadium.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Wading Back Into The Sea of Guarded Optimism

I agree with all of you
    PECK EM CARDS

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Lamarcard81 link=topic=38706.msg54890#msg54890 date=1383587200]
    Not because we beat Nichols....but because SELA is obviously better than I thought.

I am back to thinking we may be the best of the bottom half (which is PROGRESS and something to build on!). Progress is fine with me for now.

I hope we can beat the Demons and draw a better crowd for SFA.

GO BIG RED!
    [/quote]

I hope you are right. I think all we've proven is that we are better than Nicholls. SFA beats the crap out of us every year so I don't see that changing. I'm not sure about NWSU yet...I need to research them.

However, I am VERY happy with the way we played Saturday night. For the most part, I liked the play calling. The defense was ok but we blew a lot of coverages and missed a lot of tackles so I'm definitely concerned about SFA and their offense.

I will say that I do not like what we do on special teams. 1) let ball kick the damn ball as far as he can every time. This squib kicking crab is nonsense. We are automatically conceding field position with that stupid squib kick crap. 2) Let the punter punt! Stop trying that damn rugby kicking stuff.

I was pleased we used the tight end more this game. 47 made some good plays but his hands look a little suspect. Oh, and the more we use the middle of the field the better...in my opinion.

I do enjoy watching this team. Harrington is fund to watch and we have some good receivers who make some really good catches. It was also nice to see Berry get back to running the ball a little more. He's not very big so I can see why he or the coaches might be a little hesitant but he clearly is very capable of making big plays running. I also wish there was a way to get Ploch more touches but the way Harrington plays it is hard to do that.

Also, we have some guys on defense that will hit you: Beard, Washington, Allen, McGlothlin...those guys will knock the crap out of you (or themselves...Beard).

Hopefully we finish better than where I think we will. Go Cards!!