Thread: I think....

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think....

I think that this two week period is a very important for this team as they find themselves!!!!!!!!!! To quote Houston Nutt, the players and the fans need to hold on to the rope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!

Knightman

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: I think....

It could be, but remember our top players are still practicing against our bottom players and most of those guys haven't shown D1 quality this far into year two.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I know that coaches are out doing a lot of recruiting right now.

I really hate that LU has this two week break right now. They showed signs of improvement against ASU Saturday night. I was told they had the two best practices they have had all year on Thanksgiving day and Friday leading up to the ASU game. And it showed Saturday night. Even though they lost they played really well. ASU is just a better team than we are. Remember we lost by 40 at ASU last year. Hopeful they have two great weeks of practice and recruiting. And then it is time to get that W against Tennessee Tech.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Yes, I am with you LAZEEK!!!!!!!! Even though the record is not where anybody wants it, we are a better team than last year, and getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing us reap the fruit, from a recruiting standpoint!!!! I know that Pat and the staff will get the kids, and do it the right way!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!

Knightman

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

ORU and SFA appear to be the cream of the crop in the SLC this year, followed by NWST, SHSU and SELA. With 18 conference games this year Lamar should win at least half of them, considering how many bad teams are in the conference.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Knightman link=topic=38797.msg55770#msg55770 date=1386261144]
    Yes, I am with you LAZEEK!!!!!!!! Even though the record is not where anybody wants it, we are a better team than last year, and getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing us reap the fruit, from a recruiting standpoint!!!! I know that Pat and the staff will get the kids, and do it the right way!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!

Knightman
    [/quote]
    The FRUITS of what??????????
    Are you delusional?

Can you tell I am off of the Pat Knight bandwagon....The guy just doesn't get it...Unlike his father, he actually has to spend a large portion of his time recruiting to get better. He is not a bad coach...Actually think he is a good in game coach, but his father was able to get kids on his name and for most kids these days that name doesn't mean much. Most of them never heard of him and when they google him they see his antics not so much his accomplishments.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Looking forward to our next game, let's start a huge winning streak for both the men and women!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

Knightman

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think Pat Knight needs to hire an assistant with Texas roots that can recruit Texas. Even his dad has said there's a lot of good players in the state, why doesn't Pat Knight take advantage of that?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

It just doesn't make much sense for a DI basketball team residing in the state of Texas to only have 1 player from the state on the 15 man roster.

It would only make sense if the team was winning and dominating the conference.
    Follow me on Twitter @MikeSanchez2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=badndn link=topic=38797.msg55792#msg55792 date=1386598140]
    [quote author=Knightman link=topic=38797.msg55770#msg55770 date=1386261144]

Go Cards!!!!!!!!

Knightman
    [/quote]
    The FRUITS of what??????????
    Are you delusional?

Can you tell I am off of the Pat Knight bandwagon....The guy just doesn't get it...Unlike his father, he actually has to spend a large portion of his time recruiting to get better. He is not a bad coach...Actually think he is a good in game coach, but his father was able to get kids on his name and for most kids these days that name doesn't mean much. Most of them never heard of him and when they google him they see his antics not so much his accomplishments.
    [/quote]

Lol. I am with you!!! Knightman is definitely delusional!! Last year told me everything I needed to know. We should have fired him early in conference.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

When you take over a program and the next season you make the NCAA tournament your last name is know throughout the sport. Everything is set up for you to be successful. Then fans are told that you going to build the team from the ground up and to expect some growing pains. I can live with that. But the problem I have is that the next season a lot of your "foundation" didn't return. So that means more building. If you couldn't or wasn't willing to recruit good enough players after a successful season how are you going to get players here after a 3 win season. IMO Knight that he didn't need talent in the lowly Southland that his coaching would be more than enough. I hope he learned something. I don't think he will survive another season like last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Great post Birdseye....Agreed with everything you said there.