Ford gets second chance to represent Lamar

coachacola

Ford says that he simply could no longer take the treatment he received from Lamar offensive coordinator Larry Kueck.

"It had nothing to do with the team or Coach Woodard," said Ford. "It was just Coach Kueck. He belittled me in front of the team. My dad is a coach, so I have been around coaching all of my life. I was ball boy for my dad's team, so I know what tough coaching is. This was different."

"It bothered me emotionally, but I understood where he was coming from," said Sparks, who was Ford's best friend on the team. "I don't want to go in details but he was the leading receiver and then he was put on scout team. It was hard because I didn't want to him leave."

Kueck was not made available for comment for this story.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/huddle/2013/12/17/former-titan-seeking-transfer/

Sounds like Kueck has some control issues. I think we had a playmaker this past season that had to move to safety to get playing time. I realize coaches have to be accountable for wins and losses, but let's not forget these are young men looking to these coaches to be fair and respectful. At this level if a coach doesn't know his players well enough to motivate them, then the coach is the problem. Some players respond to criticism, but some do not. I don't think anyone likes to be called out in front of his peers. I am happy for the young man getting another chance to play ball.

LU needs to sack this clown. LU would have had a decent season had the O shown up consistently. The D was clearly improved over previous seasons and probably one of the best in the conference. So this guy cant coach and he's a dick to players?

Whoa...who are you and what have you done to nickels? Wouldn't think even the Christmas spirit would get you to give Lamar any kind of credit

I doubt unless Kueck leaves on his own you will see a change this year at OC. Woodard knows his job is tenuous and potentially changing offensive schemes can be a set back. It is also hard to say the offense didn't improve as there were several records broken with the group that played. I am sorry the Ford was apparently treated in an undeserving manner and I am happy he is getting this opportunity.

Knight did it and received national attention. I don't the think feedback was positive. I don't think people felt like it made the team a better team. It's not coaching when it's insulting. It's 2013, coaches can't push players around anymore. Your job is to coach and win. If you get pissed off at a player take him out or sit him down. I still see these players as kids. If Ray wants to talk about the real world...in the real world his ass would have been gone after last years losing season, at most programs. Ray should count his blessings he is at LU. I think everyone here knows what a D$CK Kueck is. Puddin I respect your comment, but disagree.

Can't we all just get along???? Sorry, but I am not one of those politically correct people. If you haven't yet you will deal with all kinds of jerks in your life, some you can choose to walk away from and some you have to figure out how to deal with to complete your goal in spite of them, or you have to expose them if they are doing something that is beyond what is acceptable. I am happy that Ford gets another chance to play and at the same time I understand why Woodard didn't feel he could let him return.

I have a kid playing college volleyball for a nationally ranked program. I played football at LU. I feel like when I comment it's because I have been there or am doing that. I think Ray is in over his head, but is headed in the right direction. Kueck is a cancer within our program. I would not want any coach insulting my kid. Maybe I am wrong, but in the real world, employers are not allowed to insult employees. This was my only point. I am done commenting on this topic. FYI Geezer, I have dealt with jerks as a Govt employee for 25 years. I still love my BRI posters.

Kuek's problem is he attacks the kids personally. He's a cancer! He's a loser. He belittles the kids and holds a scholly over their heads. He would never talk to any of these guys on the street the way he talks to them. Old school idiot trying to prove he still has it.....he doesn't. Fire him and get a new guy in here for this new class. His rep has gotten out and a lot of offensive kids don't wanna come here. On official visits our host players have nothing good to say about him...That will hurt our recruiting.[/b][/i][/i]