For Those Complaining About Lack of Local Players

KABrother88

If you look at McNeese roster and Northwestern roster its a nice mix of Louisiana and Texas players. With Louisiana having a ton of D1 athletes coming out every year we only have one La. kid and he wasn't recruited. We signed a 5A allstate QB a couple years ago but he transferred out to Southern Miss. WE are missing on these kids for LSU and ULL can't take them all. I know the Southland has to take a step back for the SEC, sunbelt and c-usa schools but with our facility we should be able out recruit SELA and NWST to bring a few of those La. kids over. If La.'s top talent going to LSU and fighting for a national title every year their second level guys should be good.

As I mentioned in a post concerning the basketball recruiting; most local kids with talent want to leave Beaumont and go somewhere else. Lamar will not get top-tier talent because those kids are going to Texas, A&M, Baylor, OU, and the like. A lot of kids who Lamar could sign may want to leave Beaumont because they feel there's nothing here for them. For some of those kids it might be good to go elsewhere so they can concentrate on school and not have their buddies hanging around getting them in trouble. it's a two-edged sword.

I agree that it might be good for some to leave their hometown, but it might be good to stay near family and friends. It depends on each individual and his level of maturity.

As far as Beaumont itself, it is a matter of perception and what you make of it. I've lived in cities large and small, from coast to coast, as well as in the "heartland" during my working years. I found good things about every city I lived in. On the other hand, each city had it's own set of issues...in many cases much worse than those of Beaumont.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

LUSportsFan, I am a native of Beaumont, my statement isn't meant to be critical of Beaumont. Its just that some kids feel a change might be better for them. I'm sure LU will recruit local talent, but some may not want to go to Lamar and some do. If we can get the best of the talent of kids who would go to the lower tier D1 colleges then we should be fine.