Thread: LU vs Nichols

austinred

LU vs Nichols

Nichols up by 2 at halftime. I haven't seen the team play much this year but it is easy to see why they have only won one game. Way too many turnovers. They play defense for a while then let the other team have wide open 3 point shots. Nichols scored the last two points of the half by taking the ball the full court and scoring on an uncontested layups - all in a few seconds.

The rebounding effort looks OK. For the most part they are taking good shots. Those turnovers just kill them.

This is a game they have a chance of winning - hope they can.

austinred

Re: LU vs Nichols

At half, LU has 8 turnovers vs 3 turnovers by Nichols

austinred

Yep, this is a bad team. LU gives up an incredible number of layups but they can't make layups themselves. LU must have missed 8 layups. THey are a good free throw shooting team but miss two free throws in the last 10 seconds of the game. I watched this game hoping to see some sign of hope for this season, but there is not much there. They did play some energized defense in the second half which kept the game close but they can't sustain it.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Another loss...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Lamar men's basketball is now 4-42 counting last season and current record for this season. Have lost 15 straight home games, and are 1-20 in SLC play. All that with only one player from the state of Texas on the 15 man roster. You cannot tell me that Lamar would be any worse with a couple of area players and a few more Texas players on the roster. EMBARRASSING!! Things have to change soon!
    Follow me on Twitter @MikeSanchez2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I thought our offensive rebounding effort was terrible. No one from LU consistently crashes to the boards on offense. It seems like LU believes every one of our shots will go in. Front court guys don't bother to go to the boards unless they are already in the lane when the shot goes up.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

What a disaster. Honestly I think that a change needs to be made now. I mean what is it gonna hurt? Let Coach Wagers take over for the rest of the season, and then look for a young, energetic coach trying to make a name for himself.