Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Press Conference

RaiderRed

Re: Press Conference

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I've said it before on here. If you recruit a team that only wins THREE games AFTER a trip to the NCAA's. How are you going to convince recruits to come here after back to back THREE win seasons? I'm giving us two more wins, which I'mskeptical about.
    I've seen enough to know it is not going to get any better. One thing is for sure Pat Knight better enjoy his last few press conferences. Because when you fail here it is your last shot at a D1 school. Maybe with his name he will get a shot as a D2 head coach. He has proven that he can recruit D2 talent here at Lamar.
    I'm with Bob West, quit stealing Lamar's money and resign Pat.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=eagle eye link=topic=38867.msg56401#msg56401 date=1389816623]
    I know PK sounded arrogant but to me he was saying that he was trying to build a program from the ground up. This year's team is only his second recruiting class. Coach Rock's final class was a talented group that PK wrung all he could out them and they went to the big dance. I know that last season and so far this year isn't what we want at all but as coach said, they are trying to build something here and it takes time. Coach Knight is his father's son so you know you are going to get arrogant and at times belligerent but I think the jury is still out on his ability as a coach. Part of his attitude was on display when he was hired when he said he made mistakes at Texas Tech and if he fails here at Lamar it won't be because he makes the same mistakes. Right here on BRI so many people have wanted Ray Woodard's head on stick because the football team sucked so bad but last season the Cardinals showed marked improvement and played some tough teams right to the wire. We still had a losing record but the 'fire Ray' talk calmed down a lot because the team showed improvement and gave us hope for the future. I think Coach Knight deserves the time to see his first class become seniors and see how we are doing then. We may have to endure some more hard times short term but we need to keep an eye on the desired end result in the long term. PK is bringing in high character people and is slowly building a quality roster. It's not like we're getting blown out all the time. We have shown some heart and tenancity so it's apparent PK hasn't lost the locker room. I know it's hard but let's give the guy a chance.
    [/quote]

+10

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=TBonesLU link=topic=38867.msg56530#msg56530 date=1390494819]
    [quote author=eagle eye link=topic=38867.msg56401#msg56401 date=1389816623]
    I know PK sounded arrogant but to me he was saying that he was trying to build a program from the ground up. This year's team is only his second recruiting class. Coach Rock's final class was a talented group that PK wrung all he could out them and they went to the big dance. I know that last season and so far this year isn't what we want at all but as coach said, they are trying to build something here and it takes time. Coach Knight is his father's son so you know you are going to get arrogant and at times belligerent but I think the jury is still out on his ability as a coach. Part of his attitude was on display when he was hired when he said he made mistakes at Texas Tech and if he fails here at Lamar it won't be because he makes the same mistakes. Right here on BRI so many people have wanted Ray Woodard's head on stick because the football team sucked so bad but last season the Cardinals showed marked improvement and played some tough teams right to the wire. We still had a losing record but the 'fire Ray' talk calmed down a lot because the team showed improvement and gave us hope for the future. I think Coach Knight deserves the time to see his first class become seniors and see how we are doing then. We may have to endure some more hard times short term but we need to keep an eye on the desired end result in the long term. PK is bringing in high character people and is slowly building a quality roster. It's not like we're getting blown out all the time. We have shown some heart and tenancity so it's apparent PK hasn't lost the locker room. I know it's hard but let's give the guy a chance.
    [/quote]

+10
    [/quote]

-20 I believed that at first. But, he blew it last year. I agree with someone else on here; he blew it last year. If he couldn't recruit decent players then..coming off an NCAA tournament appearance then he can't recruit. And apparently, he is just as bad of a coach. Look at our stats...we are among the worst in the country in almost every category. Perhaps the most shocking to me is how soft his teams are and how poorly they play on defense. If nothing else, you'd think a Knight team would be tough, defensive minded, and great rebounding. This team is worse than last years and that one was supposed to be awful.