Press Conference

Cardinalrule

What did he say now?

Basically he doesn't give a shit if they fire him...but this was the worst of what he said to me

"I've already won a banner. There's a lot of coaches that haven't won a banner here if we're going to talk about that. If this was such a great job to begin with, why did it take 20 years to win 23 games? Why was there 12 years between going to the NCAA Tournament? It's not like I'm walking into a situation where we win 20 games all the time. We're building something and it takes time."

Guest quakers93
I like how Coach Knight is honest and forthright. I for one think we have the right coach to rebuild our program! I love that fact we have a legit schedule now.

Guest quakers93
Last time I checked he has already won at least 20 games once here at Lamar! I believe he will do it again. Hopefully, administration stays patient. We have the right coach.

quakers unfortunately sports are about what are you doing for me now as opposed to what have you done for me. PK knows this, but hasn't figured out how to deal with the fans disappointment and that is ultimately will get him fired. Had he come out at the end of last year and stated. hey we screwed up with this recruiting class and it will probably take two years to correct, then maybe the fans wouldn't be quite so down on him. Personally at this point I think he is being disrespectful to the fan base and that is what ticks me off. Same thing goes for some of Woodard's comments over the last couple of years.

Last time I checked he has already won at least 20 games once here at Lamar! I believe he will do it again. Hopefully, administration stays patient. We have the right coach.

Sure...and Barry Switzer was the brilliant architect of the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl victory. He just got out of the way and let ROC's players win. We now see what PK is capable of with his own players....abject failure with arrogance

What did he say now?

Basically he doesn't give a shit if they fire him...but this was the worst of what he said to me

"I've already won a banner. There's a lot of coaches that haven't won a banner here if we're going to talk about that. If this was such a great job to begin with, why did it take 20 years to win 23 games? Why was there 12 years between going to the NCAA Tournament? It's not like I'm walking into a situation where we win 20 games all the time. We're building something and it takes time."

For me it was "this isn't North Carolina or Duke. It's not like I have a bunch of McDonald's All Americans coming here. Go ahead fire me. And then when the next coach comes in here and doesn't win, fir him too."

What a pathetic attitude!! Who in the world says he should be getting high school all Americans here? Who expects him to do that? NOBODY,!!!! We are losing to Nicholl's, pan am, Grand Canyon, liu, mcneese. We are NOT getting better we are getting worse. McNeese hadn't won a game on the road all year!!! We aren't expecting him to beat Duke or even mediocre Washington State nor Colorado State. How many high school all Americans are ANY of the schools in our conference recruiting?? Comparing us to North Carolina and Duke in an attempt to cover his own a$$ and bad mouth Lamar at the same time??? I get more pissed off the more I think about it.

I know PK sounded arrogant but to me he was saying that he was trying to build a program from the ground up. This year's team is only his second recruiting class. Coach Rock's final class was a talented group that PK wrung all he could out them and they went to the big dance. I know that last season and so far this year isn't what we want at all but as coach said, they are trying to build something here and it takes time. Coach Knight is his father's son so you know you are going to get arrogant and at times belligerent but I think the jury is still out on his ability as a coach. Part of his attitude was on display when he was hired when he said he made mistakes at Texas Tech and if he fails here at Lamar it won't be because he makes the same mistakes. Right here on BRI so many people have wanted Ray Woodard's head on stick because the football team sucked so bad but last season the Cardinals showed marked improvement and played some tough teams right to the wire. We still had a losing record but the 'fire Ray' talk calmed down a lot because the team showed improvement and gave us hope for the future. I think Coach Knight deserves the time to see his first class become seniors and see how we are doing then. We may have to endure some more hard times short term but we need to keep an eye on the desired end result in the long term. PK is bringing in high character people and is slowly building a quality roster. It's not like we're getting blown out all the time. We have shown some heart and tenancity so it's apparent PK hasn't lost the locker room. I know it's hard but let's give the guy a chance.

Guest RaiderRed

Dear Texas Tech, will you please take him back??!!!

http://www.miataturbo.net/attachments/gaming-91/45302d1338870774-forza-horizon-do-not-want-dog-jpg

I've said it before on here. If you recruit a team that only wins THREE games AFTER a trip to the NCAA's. How are you going to convince recruits to come here after back to back THREE win seasons? I'm giving us two more wins, which I'mskeptical about.

I've seen enough to know it is not going to get any better. One thing is for sure Pat Knight better enjoy his last few press conferences. Because when you fail here it is your last shot at a D1 school. Maybe with his name he will get a shot as a D2 head coach. He has proven that he can recruit D2 talent here at Lamar.

I'm with Bob West, quit stealing Lamar's money and resign Pat.

I know PK sounded arrogant but to me he was saying that he was trying to build a program from the ground up. This year's team is only his second recruiting class. Coach Rock's final class was a talented group that PK wrung all he could out them and they went to the big dance. I know that last season and so far this year isn't what we want at all but as coach said, they are trying to build something here and it takes time. Coach Knight is his father's son so you know you are going to get arrogant and at times belligerent but I think the jury is still out on his ability as a coach. Part of his attitude was on display when he was hired when he said he made mistakes at Texas Tech and if he fails here at Lamar it won't be because he makes the same mistakes. Right here on BRI so many people have wanted Ray Woodard's head on stick because the football team sucked so bad but last season the Cardinals showed marked improvement and played some tough teams right to the wire. We still had a losing record but the 'fire Ray' talk calmed down a lot because the team showed improvement and gave us hope for the future. I think Coach Knight deserves the time to see his first class become seniors and see how we are doing then. We may have to endure some more hard times short term but we need to keep an eye on the desired end result in the long term. PK is bringing in high character people and is slowly building a quality roster. It's not like we're getting blown out all the time. We have shown some heart and tenancity so it's apparent PK hasn't lost the locker room. I know it's hard but let's give the guy a chance.

+10

+10

-20 I believed that at first. But, he blew it last year. I agree with someone else on here; he blew it last year. If he couldn't recruit decent players then..coming off an NCAA tournament appearance then he can't recruit. And apparently, he is just as bad of a coach. Look at our stats...we are among the worst in the country in almost every category. Perhaps the most shocking to me is how soft his teams are and how poorly they play on defense. If nothing else, you'd think a Knight team would be tough, defensive minded, and great rebounding. This team is worse than last years and that one was supposed to be awful.