Instilling Discipline

LU1991

I like it BUT.................. Some of these 5 Star athletes aren't all choir boys. If he develops a hard ass mentality, might lose a few recruits. Now winning can change that, but if hes mediocre and strict he will be in trouble. The facilitites alone will bring in 3 star guys but they need 5 star. As for Lamar, we just need football players. I don't care if they take all the classes online and have the volleyball girls do it for them. lol (Not that I did that). Seriously, Woodard does need to tighten the reighns.

Cplatt

I like it BUT.................. Some of these 5 Star athletes aren't all choir boys. If he develops a hard ass mentality, might lose a few recruits. Now winning can change that, but if hes mediocre and strict he will be in trouble. The facilitites alone will bring in 3 star guys but they need 5 star. As for Lamar, we just need football players. I don't care if they take all the classes online and have the volleyball girls do it for them. lol (Not that I did that). Seriously, Woodard does need to tighten the reighns.

Cplatt

Who cares if he loses a few recruits? The thugs are what is wrong with college (and pro) sports. If they don't like it, hit the road. Just because you are 5 star does not give you the right to have zero class.

Do you guys think Strong was a good hire? My gut reaction was that it was a bad hire.

Strong would have been my pick from the start. UT has gotten soft and too relaxed...you need someone to make them sweat and earn their positions....but we will see.

Do you guys think Strong was a good hire? My gut reaction was that it was a bad hire.

Strong would have been my pick from the start. UT has gotten soft and too relaxed...you need someone to make them sweat and earn their positions....but we will see.

Wouldn't even have been in my top 10 but I like how he is starting out. I think that has ultimately been UT's down fall...zero discipline. But honestly, at the end of the day, I really don't care. I am more interested in what Lamar can do to improve on all fronts, especially academically and improving the college experience so more high quality kids will want to come to school here. I think we need to clean out a lot of what Simmons did/allowed.