Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LU defeats ACU!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: LU defeats ACU!!!!

[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=38890.msg56562#msg56562 date=1390612896]
    I agree about IWU playing well in conference. However I think LU needed that W more for confidence than anything. Do I expect them to win 9-10 of their final 12 games? No, but winning 4-5 is reasonable. It could go a long way for building for next year when we hopefully bring in a solid JUCO big, and the addition of Tyran de Lattibeaudiere. I went to practice the other day, and he would honestly be LU's best player this year.
    [/quote]

I think 4 more wins is reasonable. That would give them a 6-24 record, which under a normal Roc schedule playing 4 non-D1 teams would be a10-20 record. Maybe if he brings in a couple of impact players they might be decent next year. That's a lot of if's and wishful thinking!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I have been saying they are really just one really good go to guy away from being a decent team. Tyran is really solid. Bring in a really good JUCO big, and this team will be .500 next season. And maybe, just maybe if one or two kids decide not to return he can go get a couple more good players. I won't mention any names.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

At this point I would be ok with recruiting freshmen if there is only one or two openings as long as the team improves. To become consistent LU has to bring in freshmen.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

A win is a win is a win. Congrats to the team and to echo the sentiments of many, let's hope this is something to build on. Sometimes a win is just a win but sometimes a win can build confidence which could get them over the hump in future games. How big this win is remains to be seen. Go Cards.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think that not having Tyran has hurt us, another case of a boneheaded move by the NCAA!!!!!!!!! I believe that you recruit freshmen as much as you can, and bring in Juco guys when they fit the need!!!!!!!!!! And I think you need to bring in the local kids that can play the way you want to play, and a big reason for this is that when the locals kids are in your program, they don't come alone they is always family and friends that come watch them play!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!

Knightman

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Knightman link=topic=38890.msg56549#msg56549 date=1390537686]
    This is a big win for the program, and this staff and players!!!!!!! There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is a group of young men or a staff that have continued through all the heartbreaks and setbacks to work for this win tonight, and I am thrilled for them and all of the fans of Lamar that stuck with this team and staff through it all!!!!! This was a game that we had a team down and finshed the job, and let us continue this kind of play, and add some more W's to the win column!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knightman
    [/quote]

Lol.. You have got to be kidding! A big win for the program??? Lol!!! I can see knight's pitch to recruits now "sure, we only won 2 games but we beat Abilene Christian!" The recruits will be knocking down the doors!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

You could turn the pitch around. Something like we're at the bottom now. Join us and be part of the ride up.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LUSportsFan link=topic=38890.msg56646#msg56646 date=1391087074]
    You could turn the pitch around. Something like we're at the bottom now. Join us and be part of the ride up.

[/quote]
    Oh yeah thats what kids wanna hear!!!
    Kids with great talent want to play with other kids with great talent.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=badndn link=topic=38890.msg56700#msg56700 date=1391356851]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

If I had to choose between LUSportsFan's pitch and your pitch of "abandon hope all ye who enter here", I gotta go with LUSportsFan's.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Bottom line is something has to change. PK has not recruited a shooter that has panned out. He has not recruited a true post. PK supposedly wants to run a motion offense, but the players come down and play one on one NBA style offense and face it there are no NBA equivalent (considering the competition) players on the floor for LU. Against AMCC we were out rebounded 2 - 1. Out hustled to loose balls. LU has run a three guard offense since Roc took over from Tubbs and has had very limited success.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=McDonaldGymRat link=topic=38890.msg56707#msg56707 date=1391397176]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

If I had to choose between LUSportsFan's pitch and your pitch of "abandon hope all ye who enter here", I gotta go with LUSportsFan's.
    [/quote]

Pat Knight's going to have a hard time selling the "join us for the ride up" pitch when the "ride" is stuck at the bottom under his watch!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=38890.msg56709#msg56709 date=1391398715]
    [quote author=McDonaldGymRat link=topic=38890.msg56707#msg56707 date=1391397176]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Pat Knight's going to have a hard time selling the "join us for the ride up" pitch when the "ride" is stuck at the bottom under his watch!!
    [/quote]

I agree. Since it's about the only card we have in the deck I wish him luck playing it.