LU defeats ACU!!!!

LAZEEK

This is a big win for the program, and this staff and players!!!!!!! There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is a group of young men or a staff that have continued through all the heartbreaks and setbacks to work for this win tonight, and I am thrilled for them and all of the fans of Lamar that stuck with this team and staff through it all!!!!! This was a game that we had a team down and finshed the job, and let us continue this kind of play, and add some more W's to the win column!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knightman

Slow your roll there Patty. Not a BIG win, just a win. This is one of those D2 teams PK wouldn't play last year (of course now we all know why) early season because "it wouldn't make them better come conference time". Go figure! LU beats ACU by 30+ before PK took over and tonight it went down to the wire.

Guest austinred
Actually ACU has been competitive in the Southland Conference this year. They beat Central Arkansas. Lost in 2OT to Southeastern. Lost close game to New Orleans.

Let us not forget the Lady Cardinals. They won a close one on the road (85-83) over Abilene Christian coming back from 8 points down with 3:23 left in the game. Gia Ayers came back from a 5 point performance at Southeastern LA to score a game high 25 points. JaMeisha Edwards scored 23 points. Caroline Adesulu had a double double scoring 13 points and getting 15 rebounds.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/012314aaa.html

The win puts them in 2nd place in conference play at 5-2 behind Central Arkansas (5-1) and ahead of SFA (4-2).

It's great to have both teams with wins!!

Bitching because they can't win a game, and now that LU wins a game you say the team is a D2 team!!! It is a conference win. I don't care if it is a bottom dweller or a top team in conference. You have to start somewhere, and have to get some confidence back. I think it is a BIG win!!!! I listened to the entire game. ACU made several runs in the 2nd half and LU always countered back. The big DUNK by Ross with about a minute left was the straw that broke ACU backs. Glad they played well.

I agree about IWU playing well in conference. However I think LU needed that W more for confidence than anything. Do I expect them to win 9-10 of their final 12 games? No, but winning 4-5 is reasonable. It could go a long way for building for next year when we hopefully bring in a solid JUCO big, and the addition of Tyran de Lattibeaudiere. I went to practice the other day, and he would honestly be LU's best player this year.

I agree about IWU playing well in conference. However I think LU needed that W more for confidence than anything. Do I expect them to win 9-10 of their final 12 games? No, but winning 4-5 is reasonable. It could go a long way for building for next year when we hopefully bring in a solid JUCO big, and the addition of Tyran de Lattibeaudiere. I went to practice the other day, and he would honestly be LU's best player this year.

I think 4 more wins is reasonable. That would give them a 6-24 record, which under a normal Roc schedule playing 4 non-D1 teams would be a10-20 record. Maybe if he brings in a couple of impact players they might be decent next year. That's a lot of if's and wishful thinking!

I have been saying they are really just one really good go to guy away from being a decent team. Tyran is really solid. Bring in a really good JUCO big, and this team will be .500 next season. And maybe, just maybe if one or two kids decide not to return he can go get a couple more good players. I won't mention any names.

A win is a win is a win. Congrats to the team and to echo the sentiments of many, let's hope this is something to build on. Sometimes a win is just a win but sometimes a win can build confidence which could get them over the hump in future games. How big this win is remains to be seen. Go Cards.

I think that not having Tyran has hurt us, another case of a boneheaded move by the NCAA!!!!!!!!! I believe that you recruit freshmen as much as you can, and bring in Juco guys when they fit the need!!!!!!!!!! And I think you need to bring in the local kids that can play the way you want to play, and a big reason for this is that when the locals kids are in your program, they don't come alone they is always family and friends that come watch them play!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!

Knightman

This is a big win for the program, and this staff and players!!!!!!! There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is a group of young men or a staff that have continued through all the heartbreaks and setbacks to work for this win tonight, and I am thrilled for them and all of the fans of Lamar that stuck with this team and staff through it all!!!!! This was a game that we had a team down and finshed the job, and let us continue this kind of play, and add some more W's to the win column!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knightman

Lol.. You have got to be kidding! A big win for the program??? Lol!!! I can see knight's pitch to recruits now "sure, we only won 2 games but we beat Abilene Christian!" The recruits will be knocking down the doors!!!

You could turn the pitch around. Something like we're at the bottom now. Join us and be part of the ride up. :)

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah thats what kids wanna hear!!!

Kids with great talent want to play with other kids with great talent.

You could turn the pitch around. Something like we're at the bottom now. Join us and be part of the ride up. :)

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah thats what kids wanna hear!!!

Kids with great talent want to play with other kids with great talent.

If I had to choose between LUSportsFan's pitch and your pitch of "abandon hope all ye who enter here", I gotta go with LUSportsFan's.

Bottom line is something has to change. PK has not recruited a shooter that has panned out. He has not recruited a true post. PK supposedly wants to run a motion offense, but the players come down and play one on one NBA style offense and face it there are no NBA equivalent (considering the competition) players on the floor for LU. Against AMCC we were out rebounded 2 - 1. Out hustled to loose balls. LU has run a three guard offense since Roc took over from Tubbs and has had very limited success.