Another Lamar to the Sun Belt rumor

coachacola

• 2 weeks later...

We need the 12th team, and not just for football reasons. Next year we'll be an 11-team basketball, volleyball, team sport league. We've got some geography issues, we've got some missed class-time issues that could be resolved with a 12th team, especially a 12th team in kind of our eastern Division - South Alabama, Troy, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Appalachian State. Just look at the map and we need somebody in there to be a travel partner for Appalachian State.

SHWISH on sunbelt board is still claiming we are in?

http://csnbbs.com/thread-676621.html

I'm almost positive "SHWISH" is also "Craps7or11" on the WAC forum and "UNLV" that was on the other Lamar forum a few years ago. When Lamar was rumored to be going to the WAC he also saying the same thing. He does love Lamar but he's a little over the top and I'd take what he says with a grain of salt.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I read, Dr Evans is a hell of marketing guy. If he can keep getting attendance up at the school and find more money, we got a shot at moving up. We need football to have a good yr, basketball needs to bring in a name to excite people and win. Baseball needs to renovate (see UNO and ORU) Dallas Baptist. Top notch facilities. Winning will take care of all that. Provost could use some more renovating.

Cplatt

• 2 weeks later...
Why are we setting the bar so low, guy? Shoot for the stars is what I say... the Big 12 needs two more teams and Lamar is a few months away from taking down that SeC powerhouse Texas A&m guy. There is no reason Beaumont can't bring the Cards into the Big 12 and take down Baylor and TCU every year.............guy.

Why are we setting the bar so low, guy? Shoot for the stars is what I say... the Big 12 needs two more teams and Lamar is a few months away from taking down that SeC powerhouse Texas A&m guy. There is no reason Beaumont can't bring the Cards into the Big 12 and take down Baylor and TCU every year.............guy.

We can always dream. :D

A win against A&M might happen, but probably won't. Who would have thought Lamar would take down a UPI Poll #20 ranked Baylor in 1981, but it happened 18-17.

A&M comes in at #16 in Sports Illustrated's "Way Too Early" 2014 ranking.

http://fansided.com/2014/01/07/college-football-rankings-espn-way-early-2014-preseason-top-25/#!zcZ0y

#16 is not too far from #20. Of course, Lamar was in the same Division I sub-division as Baylor in 1981 (last year before LU was forced down to D-IAA along with the rest of the teams remaining in the SLC).