2015 Football Recruiting Thread

KABrother88

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting note about QB commit Brett Cox...at the end of the regular season he led all of 6A (highest classification in Texas) in passing yards with his 3,066

I can't believe his only two offers are Lamar and Colgate. He has good size, put up good numbers and played at a big school. He didn't have any "issues" that affect some kids. Could be a steal for Lamar and the QB of the future.

I can't believe his only two offers are Lamar and Colgate. He has good size, put up good numbers and played at a big school. He didn't have any "issues" that affect some kids. Could be a steal for Lamar and the QB of the future.

I hope so. Like this kid, it still blows my mind that we were Kade Harrington's only offer (other than UIW offering a preferred walk on spot). All in all, if everyone stays committed, I think this will be the best signing class we've seen by far.

[tweet]560940361908887554[/tweet]

Any idea who this player is?

I saw that last night as well as another one from coach Beasley to the same point. I checked the Twitter of our current DB offerees and didn't see anything and no hits on keyword searches. May be a kid without Twitter (they even make those anymore) or or with his profile set to private.

Has a couple of pro-LU tweets recently but I don't see anything affirmative that we offered or he committed...will add him to the commit list though because it obviously looks like he'll be part of the team in some form or fashion. Watched a little bit of his film...don't see enough to say he'd be a QB...only showed a couple throws and and the rest was him running the ball essentially out of the "wild-cat" Also didn't see any D film so I'd have no clue how he'd be at DB. He plays at the 2A level (smallest 11-man classification in Texas) but he looks like a solid under the radar player...just hard to gauge level of competition.

Little more info I found on him.

2013 1st Team All-District QB

2014 District Offensive MVP

2014 Stats:

Rushing - 1550 yards on 108 carries (14.35 ypc) 19 TDs

Receiving - 384 yards on 13 catches (29 ypc) 5 TDs

Passing - 30 of 65 for 753 yards and 10 TDs

Not sure how accurate those numbers are

Edited by KABrother88

That would be big. Jefferson is a guy that we had on our offer list for quite a while and I liked what I saw in his film. I've seen a few Navasota players that follow a few of the coaches including RB Derrion Randle...he lead Navasota in rushing this year but tore his ACL in the final game of the regular reason...this class is looking fantastic

Jerbrell Lipscomb is a current Navasota DB committed to North Texas...2* guy per 247. He's another follower of our coaches...

Edited by KABrother88

Interesting...I know Mitchell's younger brother is also at Blinn. I liked what I saw out of him a little more than Dausin though...although both played limited snaps in garbage time. I was wondering the other day with the additions at QB if Mitchell would be open to moving to WR...guess not. Best of luck to both young men. Now we need to add another QB. Hopefully from the HS ranks. I know we've offered the kid from Henderson but I hope the staff has taken a look at Austin Skinner out of Teague.

The Austin Skinner kid from Teague just tweeted that he committed to Northwestern State

A couple of other names that look like like they could possibly be a part of the program either Wednesday or this summer as walk-ons

Clement Jones - RB - Austin McCallum HS - 5'8" 165 lbs

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371379/clement-jones

David Dorsett - DL - L.D. Bell HS (Hurst, TX) - 6'3" 240 lbs

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/508242/david-dorsett

Tariq Gordon - WR/DB - Southlake Carroll HS - 6'0" 175 lbs

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1173109/tariq-gordon