Knight buyout?

LAZEEK

To buy out PK's contract now would be STUPID!!! There's only a couple of weeks left in the season and we don't know what kind of team PK will have here next year. For one, there's the 23 year kid from Jamaica who could be a real difference maker now that his eligibility issues are more or less resolved. Bob West is a tool bag journalistically speaking and to base your strategy of how to run the team according to him is foolish. As has been posted elsewhere by somebody beside me it was pointed out that West has an agenda and he's got his favorites. To suggest Tic should be head coach speaks volumes about this whether he's an interim or otherwise.

To buy out PK's contract now would be STUPID!!! There's only a couple of weeks left in the season and we don't know what kind of team PK will have here next year. For one, there's the 23 year kid from Jamaica who could be a real difference maker now that his eligibility issues are more or less resolved. Bob West is a tool bag journalistically speaking and to base your strategy of how to run the team according to him is foolish. As has been posted elsewhere by somebody beside me it was pointed out that West has an agenda and he's got his favorites. To suggest Tic should be head coach speaks volumes about this whether he's an interim or otherwise.

I don't know what kind of team Lamar will have next year, but PK will not be here. ;)

I guess I should have scanned the thread menu a little closer. Duh! I had not heard PK had been fired so I thought all the talk about buyouts and who would replace PK was just more wishful thinking. The talk of a new head coach is MUCH more meaningful to say the least. Again, I though PK should at least finish the season but evidently HE wanted out. In fact the report on ESPN said he wanted out after he took Lamar to the NCAA Tournament two years ago! WTF!!! Even Bob West got his wish that Tic Price become interim head coach! I am hoping the AD can bring in a coach from a winning program to help instill a new culture for Lamar's BB team. Man, I am embarrassed I missed this news. Fired since Sunday. Sheesh.

I guess I should have scanned the thread menu a little closer. Duh! I had not heard PK had been fired so I thought all the talk about buyouts and who would replace PK was just more wishful thinking. The talk of a new head coach is MUCH more meaningful to say the least. Again, I though PK should at least finish the season but evidently HE wanted out. In fact the report on ESPN said he wanted out after he took Lamar to the NCAA Tournament two years ago! WTF!!! Even Bob West got his wish that Tic Price become interim head coach! I am hoping the AD can bring in a coach from a winning program to help instill a new culture for Lamar's BB team. Man, I am embarrassed I missed this news. Fired since Sunday. Sheesh.

Oh, ok...yeah right. I'm sure it was him. HE wanted out. I have some ocean front property I'll sell you.

Oh, ok...yeah right. I'm sure it was him. HE wanted out. I have some ocean front property I'll sell you.

If you read the ESPN article about PK's firing that's almost the exact quote. I didn't expound on it but Knight knew he going to be fired and he was offered the chance to finish the season but he wanted to make the break now and be done with it. The other quote from the article I found interesting was that he considered quitting after his first season when Lamar went to the NCAA's because he had fulfilled his goal. Make no mistake, I was not defending PK. On the strength of the ESPN article that revealed a side of Knight I had not seen and his attitude toward the job here all I can say is good riddance, bub. BTW if you add a landlocked place like Arizona or Waco or Denver your joke has a little more meaning.

• 2 weeks later...

Avi Zaleon of the Beaumont Enterprise is reporting the buyout is $433,333 due by April 16th. Only in the print edition and not online so no link to the article yet.

Isn't it amazing someone can fail so badly at two different jobs and still make a lot of money? He should be a politician!!