3:00PM Press Conference Tuesday---Tic Price New Head Hoops Coach

LAZEEK

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming the press conference announces Price as the next coach as opposed to the next steps in the search, if we are Cardinal fans we need to support the program and hope just like we would have to for someone we really know nothing about other than perhaps their past record or what is listed in their Bio.

If it's Tic - I say welcome aboard. Now do the job. The man made a terrible mistake fifteen years ago - I don't care at this point. The kids he'll be recruiting were barely out of diapers when the indiscretion happened.

Do the job - or it will be another short tenure.

I am on record as saying this is another boondogle!! Why can't we be as smart as say a SFA and hire a top quality coach. Are we so blind as we cannot see that!!!

SFA hires a coach was successful as a head coach at the JUCO level and was an assistant at one of the better Big 12 schools. Lamar hires a guy who got fired for banging a coed, then gets fired from McNeese, then loses his job as an assistant coach at Lamar, but hey, he's still hanging around Lamar and a rich donor likes him....let's make him the head coach!!

I guess since every coach they've hired since the '80s has failed miserably, what do they have got to lose?

Is this press conference being televised? I hope so, let's all play the coaching version of the new-hire drinking game. Post the now-cliche phrases you expect to hear during the press conference, and take a long swig if you get one right. Mine are as follows:

From the AD:"after an exhaustive search"

"after a nationwide search"

"we could not have found a more qualified candidate""

"one candidate continued to stand out"

From the new coach:

"We will not be outworked"

"Defense will be our top priority"

"We will recruit locally"

"We want to schedule teams that give us a chance to . . . "

Is this press conference being televised? I hope so, let's all play the coaching version of the new-hire drinking game. Post the now-cliche phrases you expect to hear during the press conference, and take a long swig if you get one right. Mine are as follows:

From the AD:"after an exhaustive search"

"after a nationwide search"

"we could not have found a more qualified candidate""

"one candidate continued to stand out"

From the new coach:

"We will not be outworked"

"Defense will be our top priority"

"We will recruit locally"

"We want to schedule teams that give us a chance to . . . "

Televised? Sure, by the Comedy Channel