Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA Playoffs Begin

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: NBA Playoffs Begin

Congratulations to the Spurs. Heckuva season, heckuva final. They were thought to be the better team than Miami going in but the edge went to LeBron. The Spurs just dazzled Miami with their ball movement and team work at both ends of the court. Eric Spoelstra was out coached by Pop and the Spurs as a team outplayed the Heat except for the Heat win in game 2 win in San Antone.
    I said this before the series started that I didn't care who won but I would be sad for the loser. That is completely true. I'm happy for the Spurs. Tim Duncan and company are the definition of class. You have to admire the Heat because they have shown some class of their own. There will be no 3-peat for Miami but you have to admit 4 NBA Finals in a row is pretty badass.

Now, there are some questions to be asked.
    1. Will Duncan and/or Parker and/or Ginobli retire a winner with 5 rings?
    2. Will the Spurs have enough without them if they do to defend their title?
    3. What will the Heat's resident guru Pat Riley do to put better people around his 'Big 3' or....
    4. Will this mark the end of the 'Big 3'?

The final buzzer hasn't sounded yet but this one's history. Hopefully, the talking heads won't be too hard on LeBron. He really doesn't deserve that. Game's over now. Way to go Spurs! 104-87. And really, it was a way bigger beat down than the scoreboard shows.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

NBA Playoffs Begin

Not sure who Mike and Mike were referring to this morning but they were discussing a topic about someone criticizing LeBron for get this...shaking hands with Tim Duncan after the game...you have got to be kidding me...they didn't spend much time on it cause it was so ridiculous but the fact that someone (again didn't hear who initially said it) believes you should criticize one of the top players in the game right now for showing good sportsmanship and congratulating one of the best guys to EVER play the game, in what may turn out to be his last game ever is beyond me. This series reminded me a lot of the 2007 finals when LeBron's Cavs met the Spurs in the finals...LeBron played well but go absolutely no help which allowed more focus on LeBron...D-Wade was TERRIBLE...they should have say him in the first round to keep him fresh for the finals...Sheesh

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: NBA Playoffs Begin

What it was on Mike and Mike this morning was a twitter post to the boys about how sickening it was to see the Heat congratulating the Spurs for their championship. Mike Golic went off and said he had nothing for anyone who shows their opponent some respect. Tweeter also said Michael Jordan would never do such a thing which Golic correctly pointed out was absolutely wrong because Jordan and company congratulated the Piston in '89. Golic also pointed out that if it's not appropriate then the wussies who play pro hockey have a meeting at center ice to shake hands. In fact, the NY Rangers showed a lot of class as sort of waited around so the Kings could celebrate the win a little. Needless to say, Golic was pissed at the tweeter and put him in his place. Before the finals started, I think with you KABro said the Heat and Spurs who had a lot of respect for each other and it showed after the game. Bravo to the Heat for showing what sportsmanship is. You don't have to hate your opponent to play hard and you don't have to act like a spoiled brat if you lose.
    As for the Heat going forward, the Spurs won with a team of role players basically. Young guys like Kawhi Leonard and Patty Mills stepped up and helped make the team the unstoppable force it was. It wasn't about Duncan, Ginobli and Parker even though they played well. It was about the Spurs TEAM. Pat Riley needs to get busy and get some help for LeBron and it isn't necessarily D-Wade or Chris Bosh. KABro, you analegy of the Cleveland Cavs was dead on. That's exactly what the Heat have become---the South Beach Cavs.