Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Begin

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: NBA Playoffs Begin

That's Stephenson's game. Piss off the opponent and he's cheap shotted LeBron a few times. I'm glad the refs nailed him. Stephenson must have watched the ESPN show about the 80s Detroit Pistons and he's trying to be a new millennium Bill Laimbeer.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Heat are up 60-34 at halftime. Stephenson needs his ass kicked and you gotta give LeBron a lot credit for the restraint he's shown so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Heat are still dominating leading Indiana by 32 with 6:30 left in the 3rd.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Paul George has not played well and James has been great in all aspects.Antonio Davis the former NBA forward and now an ESPN analyst compared Stephens antics to Rodman reaching in other players shorts to change their focus.Veterans would counsel him to not react to such antics .I agree James has acted like a true professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Heat are trying to play four corners to kill clock. I wish they'd keep up the pace and bury these fools. I can't stand watching Houston because it's too close. I can't take the pressure! I hope they can maintain their one run advantage for just one more out and one more inning. Crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Heat put a smack down on the Pacers 117=92 that wasn't that close. It was cool to hear the Miami fans send Indiana into the off season singing the Na-Na-Hey-Hey Song. Stephenson deserved no less. Whatta douche. Tonight was a good sports night with the Astros eeking out a 2-1 win over the Orioles on TV no less and the Heat making me look like I know a thing or two by trouncing the Pacers.

Astros game ticket - $25 per seat
    Heat winning 4th trip to NBA Final - $90 K per player
    Look of self satisfied smugness - Priceless!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

As right as I was about the Heat I was wrong about the Spurs. I thought they'd go to OKC and lose because I really believed that was home court series. It took overtime but San Antonio prevailed with a 5 point win and now it's Spurs vs Heat II. It should be a good series but I think Miami plays defense better than OKC and LeBron is the best player in the league and that counts as an advantage for Miami. So now both Miami and San Antonio get a breather. Miami gets 6 days, the Spurs 5 when they begin the finals on Thursday with the Spurs getting home court to start the series. This is one series that I'm torn about. If either wins I'm happy and I will feel sad for the loser as well. It's too bad they just can't declare them both champions but that's kind of an un-American thing to think isn't it? We gotta have a winner and a loser or playing the game is meaningless. I get it but I like both teams. I guess all we can do is hope they play well and nobody gets hurt. Speaking of which, Tony Parker missed the second half due to an ankle injury. If it's not too bad then the days off should help.

One more thing, there's something just wrong about basketball and hockey in June. I have always thought that.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Thanks for the update...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=charlotte window link=topic=39045.msg58779#msg58779 date=1401846821]
    Thanks for the update...
    [/quote]

You're welcome! Welcome to the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

San Antonio is not too proud to take advantage of a situation like the A/C unit going out at their arena last night. The Spurs are old, aren't they? Isn't that what all the "experts" say? It's apparently a load of crap because this team of old men played 48 minutes of basketball. As for the Heat, their best player, LeBron James, couldn't take the heat of the San Antonio arena. James had to exit the game half way through the 4th quarter due to severe cramping. When James left the game the rest of the Heat wilted under the pressure of the San Antonio Spurs team, their crowd and the arena and not one of these 2 time champions stepped up to try to fill the void left by King James. Not Dwayne Wade. Not Chris Bosh. Nobody. What was a dead even contest became a Spurs blowout of a flameless Heat. Hopefully, the Spurs will fix the damn A/C and LeBron will hydrate a little better. It was a pretty good game until James had to leave. A game that Miami looked more in control of than SA. As Crocodile Dundee might say, "No worries, mate." Miami can win game 2 and still steal home court advantage. It's no shame to lose to a good team on the road. The Heat lost the Eastern Conference Championship opening game to Indiana and came back and won game 2 in Indy and for all intents and purposes that series was over. Now, SA is better than the Pacers but it doesn't mean all is lost. Somebody has to lose and last night it was Miami. Tomorrow night it will be a whole new ball game and who knows what will happen. That's the beauty of having two good teams duking it out. Every game is an adventure. I'm looking forward to round 2 of this heavy weight match!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

What are the chances somebody hit a button at Buffalo Wild Wings and took out the AC.Hopefully that doesn't happen tonight.Should be a great game with two teams that respect each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Well I was wrong about the game being last night. I forget how the NBA can drag out a series in the playoffs. But, I checked the schedule and the Heat-Spurs game 2 is definitely tonight. This may be a big benefit for the Heat and LeBron James in particular. Camps due to dehydration can kick your butt big time and an extra day of rest can't hurt one bit. It will also allow James to hydrate more thoroughly and get back to his old self. It won't hurt Dwayne Wade either but he's been pretty healthy in these playoffs. The extra day of rest won't hurt the "old men" in San Antonio either. I think it will be a good game. Hopefully, the maintenance crew at AT&T Center fixed the A/C unit. I wonder if it was the same gremlin in SA the other night that shut off the lights at the Super Dome during the Super Bowl 2 seasons ago? Hmmmm. Very strange.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I'm on a pretty serious roll here. I've been right twice in the past week. That's got to be some kind of record! The Heat won a pretty close game 98-96 last night in what I expected to be a bit of a dogfight. Game 3 on Tuesday should be another close game. I'm enjoying the series but things did get a little chippie last night. Isn't it funny everyone was dogging out the Heat after Game 1 and now the same people are saying the Spurs are in trouble. Please. There is plenty of drama on the court without having to manufacture more.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Heat ran into a buzz saw last night as the San Antonio Spurs was really on fire. It seemed like every shot they put up went in. If I had a guess Miami will come back and win Game 4. These are two good teams and I don't believe San Antonio will be as hot as they were last night. Miami wins by 8. That's just me talking smack. I don't have a clue what the spread might be. Playoff basketball is funny that way. Regardless, I think Miami wins tomorrow night. The only way I'm wrong is if the Spurs have hit that domination gear and they sweep the rest of the series. As for the future, Miami needs a big man and a new Robin for LeBron. D-Wade will become Nightwing and due to his recent injury history he will need to get lots of rest. A lot has been made about how the Spurs' Gregg Popovich has managed the older guys on their roster. Isn't it true that Erik Spoelstra has done the same with his roster? D-Wade has been much better this final than last year and Chris Bosh has also played better. Why? They had their minutes monitored. I can't explain why Mario Chalmers has been a no-show. Now, I see a headline on ESPN.com that the Heat may be courting Carmelo Anthony. Egos will abound in South Beach if that happens!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

This is a pretty good sports time we're in right now. The Astros are really looking good. The NBA and NHL playoffs are coming down to the wire and the US Open golf tournament began yesterday. Good times.......

......except in your a Miami Heat of one their fans. In an earlier post I said I expected the Heat to bounce back and win unless San Antonio had found another gear and was sort in an uber playoff mode. I think the Spurs found that extra gear they put on an exhibition on how to play team basketball with a special clinic on effective ball movement. It looked like the Harlem Globetrotters playing the Washington Generals. The Spurs had the Miami players with their heads spinning with the awesome ball movement taking place. It was basketball rarely seen in the NBA these days. It reminded me of the 80's Lakers and Celtics teams with the way they fed each other the ball. Absolutely unselfish play. The Spurs defense was good again last night and the Heat didn't shoot all that well even when they had an open shot. The Heat have until Sunday to figure it out or their season will be over. The cool thing about it was the Spurs did it with guys casual basketball fans may never have heard of. Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobli weren't big factors in the convincing 107-86 whitewashing of the Heat. Tony Parker had 19 pts but it was Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills and Danny Green who were standouts as well as Tiago Splitter. That big Brazilian has been a thorn in the Heat's side and he's made the middle of the lane a no-man's land for the Heat. His stat line isn't great but his influence in the paint is noticeable, no, undeniable. I really think that Miami will come back to win game 5 simply because they play so well when backed into a corner but if they can't figure out how to defend the Spurs movement this series is likely to end Sunday night in San Antone.