Thread: Congratulations to Coach Price

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Congratulations to Coach Price

On losing our best player to NC Central!! Can't wait for more great things to come out of his regime!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Congratulations to Coach Price

You can thank PK for that one. APR suspension opened the door for the departure and that lies soley on Pat and to some degree Roc.

Not Prices fault. Just something he inherited.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I don't think there was much Coach Price could say to make him want to stay and play his last season with no chance of making the post season. However, kinda shows what kind of talent this roster was made of when the best offer our best player can get is NC Central...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Interesting that Hilliard hasn't stayed longer than one season for any of the colleges/universities. This move will make four transfers in four years for him so one has to wonder if he would have been here if PK was still here.

As others mentioned, I don't think this transfer can be blamed on Price.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=39066.msg58290#msg58290 date=1398974099]
    On losing our best player to NC Central!! Can't wait for more great things to come out of his regime!!
    [/quote]

Where have you been? This has been known for days. Besides, the team only won 4 games last year I don't see how losing the "best" player is that big of a deal. He was the leading scorer but was turnover prone and wasn't that great on defense.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Hilliard's transfer issues did not develop until after Lamar's APR revelations thus I don't see how this transfer can be blamed on "his regime."

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Guys, this is a rebuilding effort now. Hillard was inconstant at best, which actually describes the team. I think Coach Price has made some improvements and who knows, maybe we can get back to where we can win the conference when his two years are up. Keep hope alive!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=KABrother88 link=topic=39066.msg58292#msg58292 date=1398974941]
    I don't think there was much Coach Price could say to make him want to stay and play his last season with no chance of making the post season. However, kinda shows what kind of talent this roster was made of when the best offer our best player can get is NC Central...

Really? North Carolna central was pretty darn ood last year. Ran away with MEAC regular season and tournament. i saw them play in San Antonio in March where the lost in NCAA to Iowa State. Major step up for 'ol Nimrod. No sure they could of beaten SFA but they were probably better than everyone else
    [/quote]

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Yes NC Central...my comment was referring to the overall talent level of the team...Nimrod was the best player by a long shot and the best offer he could get is someone who as you say is on par with another SLC school...and yes I know SFA had 30 wins and a first round upset but the SLC hasn't been very strong in recent years...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=39066.msg58290#msg58290 date=1398974099]
    [/quote]

Dude, if you're going to say something negative, then make the topic about that. Sarcasm doesn't translate via text.

Regardless, how can you be that upset about Nimrod leaving? If he doesn't want to play here, I wish him the best and am happy to see him go. The guy who recruited him is gone, so can you really blame him for leaving? With that said, look at what Price has gotten to come here in his short tenure at Lamar. The recruits we are getting don't reflect a "worst college basketball team in the country" reputation. That's what we've been the past two years, and he's still managed to get some outstanding (on paper) talent to commit to play here next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

In my opinion Price has done an admirable job recruiting staff and athletes despite other schools using our alleged APR issues against us.Other coaches are impressed with his hires.If big schools go after his assistants when openings arise it will partially validate his hiring competence .Remember BCS schools assistants typically make more than our head coach.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=baller link=topic=39066.msg58345#msg58345 date=1399333281]
    In my opinion Price has done an admirable job recruiting staff and athletes despite other schools using our alleged APR issues against us.Other coaches are impressed with his hires.If big schools go after his assistants when openings arise it will partially validate his hiring competence .Remember BCS schools assistants typically make more than our head coach.
    [/quote]

I've been surprised at how many players Coach Price been able to sign so quickly, but maybe that's because Pat Knight was so terrible at recruiting that any coach that Lamar hired would look like a recruiting genius in comparison. And speaking of assistants at big schools, I read somewhere that Coach Roc just got hired by someone and will make $300K a year. I guess he's getting the last laugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=39066.msg58346#msg58346 date=1399336607]
    [quote author=baller link=topic=39066.msg58345#msg58345 date=1399333281]
    [/quote]

I've been surprised at how many players Coach Price been able to sign so quickly, but maybe that's because Pat Knight was so terrible at recruiting that any coach that Lamar hired would look like a recruiting genius in comparison. And speaking of assistants at big schools, I read somewhere that Coach Roc just got hired by someone and will make $300K a year. I guess he's getting the last laugh.
    [/quote]

Virginia Tech. Just cronies hiring cronies. Buzz Williams' Marquette team was favored to win the league. Well he underperformed and didn't come close to winning Big East. What does he do?? Bashes the Big East as not being very good and lands Va. Tech He'll wear out his welcome there soon enough also. he's all talk and bluster (Roc will fit in well!!) Va Tech is and will continue to be worst job in ACC