Thread: Vincent-Beck Stadium

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Vincent-Beck Stadium

I see that Vincent-Beck is due a 5 Million dollar facelift. What are the plans to upgrade the concourse? The field and scoreboard is nice. Look at UNO and ORU. Also take a look at the renovation job they just did at Kyle Field and TCU Stadium. Although Provost will never ever see that kind of facelift, if a successful season is ahead of us, we need to consider construction bucks going to the stadium to compete fro recruits. Also need to schedule a game with UH badly.
    Cplatt
    2 Corinthians 12:10

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Vincent-Beck Stadium

The 5 million dollar renovation has been on the books a while now. Really the main things they are looking at is new concession stands, home and visitors locker rooms, and seatback seating. Also, possibly a new press box but that is just speculation on my part. I would also like to see it receive a nice upgrade to the gate entrance.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Looking at the new board of regents meeting notes that are coming up the Vincent-Beck renovations have been pushed back until 2019. They probably won't happen until they come up with $5 million in donations.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: Vincent-Beck Stadium

[quote author=Big T link=topic=39084.msg1#msg1 date=1400188703]
    The 5 million dollar renovation has been on the books a while now. Really the main things they are looking at is new concession stands, home and visitors locker rooms, and seatback seating. Also, possibly a new press box but that is just speculation on my part. I would also like to see it receive a nice upgrade to the gate entrance.
    [/quote]

According to the Vincent-Beck facilities discussion on lamarcardinals.com, the locker rooms were completely renovated and expanded in 2010. If the big renovation has been slipped to 2019, they would probably need to be included. If earlier, aren't there more important renovations?

The stadium has good size, but is dated when compared to some of the stadiums in our conference as well as in other conferences. I hate to hear the project has slipped once again. Wonder if Lamar Athletics could have some kind of public campaign to renovate the stadium. That type of campaign has been successful elsewhere. Baseball has been one of our more consistently successful sports over the years. I would hate for us to fall behind.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: Vincent-Beck Stadium

[quote author=LUSportsFan link=topic=39084.msg58555#msg58555 date=1400194939]
    [quote author=Big T link=topic=39084.msg1#msg1 date=1400188703]
    [/quote]

According to the Vincent-Beck facilities discussion on lamarcardinals.com, the locker rooms were completely renovated and expanded in 2010. If the big renovation has been slipped to 2019, they would probably need to be included. If earlier, aren't there more important renovations?

The stadium has good size, but is dated when compared to some of the stadiums in our conference as well as in other conferences. I hate to hear the project has slipped once again. Wonder if Lamar Athletics could have some kind of public campaign to renovate the stadium. That type of campaign has been successful elsewhere. Baseball has been one of our more consistently successful sports over the years. I would hate for us to fall behind.

[/quote]

There are no visitor locker rooms. I have seen the opposing team stash their bags in the men's restrooms before. A visitors locker room is paramount IMO.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I didn't know about the visitors facilities. Agree that should be a priority.

Just curious. Are we the exception concerning visitor's locker rooms? How about the facilities for our other sports? I know football is in good shape.

We may not be the exception. UTA is currently renovating both their baseball and softball facilities. A major part of their renovation is to build locker rooms...sounds like for both home and visitors. Per their release, players had to change, shower, etc at the Maverick Stadium locker rooms and then drive to and from Clay Gould Stadium about a mile away.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I don't know about tennis, but very little if anything has been done for track in years. LU has been good at Cross Country and since the same guys and girls run distance in track have done ok at that part of the sport, but I don't think LU is very competitive in the other aspects of track and field.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I may be mistaken, but I think the Tennis facilities should be in pretty good shape. The complex was renovated a few years ago including a new scoreboard for 5 of the 16 courts, spectator seating in each of the court groups, and a new field house.

I would like to see a lot more emphasis on Track & Field. I recall reading something about the track coach saying that our track stadium is no longer being used. Google Maps satellite view seems to confirm that. Track & Field used to be one of our big sports. While we have had great recent success in the distance events, it would be great to be competitive in a lot more events.

A little off the subject, but there are high resolution aerial and street views of the campus on Google Maps. You can get great angled views which you can rotate once you drill down to higher resolution. (Can't rotate on my Android device, but it works great on the PC.) I've used the feature a lot to get some view of the facilities.