Thread: Chevron-Phillips Fire Update

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Chevron-Phillips Fire Update

Back on July 7th there was fire on the ethylene unit of the Port Arthur Chevron-Phillips facility. Two men were injured at the onset of the fire and both are recovering from the injuries they suffered.
    I commend my coworkers for their expertise in safely bringing down the unit under extremely difficult circumstances.
    Work on the identifying the repairs in on-going as is the investigation of the incident. Obviously, CPChem Port Arthur is working through an unplanned shutdown and work to date has been done safely and that effort will continue going forward. Operations and maintenance personnel, both CPC and contract maintenance, are working 7 days a week 24 hours a day in an effort to effect repairs as needed to bring the facility back on line.
    Please keep the injured in your prayers and know that a lot of your neighbors are putting in long hours to get things back to normal.

I cannot give more details about the incident as you might expect. 3rd party investigators are working diligently to determine the cause of the fire and an official release by the company will be made as soon as possible. I will not give the names of the injured because I cannot in good conscience violate what is a very private time for them and their right to privacy during their recovery is utmost in my thinking. Not only for the injured but for their families as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Thanks for the update Eagle. As a fellow refinery worker it hurts to hear about that accident. Many of my closest friends work out there at Chevron and I feel for all you guys dealing with the injury to a coworker. Stay safe out there!