2014 Bold Prediction Thread

Mike

#1: The Texas Longhorns win the Big12, make the college football playoff but fall to Oregon in the Championship game

#2: The Lamar Cardinals finish 2nd in the SLC marking the best season since bringing back football

#3: Jayce Nelson emerges as a go to receiver and becomes an all-conference receiver for LU

#4: The Kansas City Chiefs prove last season was no fluke and dethrone the Broncos winning the AFC West and earn the AFC bid to the Super Bowl

#5: The SELA Lions win the SLC and the FCS Championship

#6: Tic Price ends up coach of the year in the SLC after Lamar has a huge turnaround season

#7: Kevin Johnson turns a move to defense into a huge positive and become an all conference player and NFL prospect at safety

#8: Sam Houston State has a falloff in 2014 missing the FCS playoffs after making deep runs the previous two seasons

#9: The SEC doesnt get a team into this seasons FBS playoff series

#10: The Texas A&M Aggies end up with a losing record with many ugly losses in the first post Johnny season and fans immediately begin to turn on Kevin Sumlin

Bonus:

#11 Ray Woodard wins the SLC Coach of the Year in 2014

Here's on for my buddy LAZEEK that he'll like:

Florida has another sluggish start and has a couple embarrassing losses and Will Muschamp is fired

Another:

Joseph Randle ends up the leading rusher for the Cowboys this season and Ben Malena emerges as a significant back on the Cowboys roster

One more:

Tom Brady wins another Super Bowl as the Patriots defeat Green Bay in Super Bowl XLIX

Lamar Men's basketball team wins 17 games.

Lamar Women's basketball team wins their second consecutive SLC title and go to the Big Dance.

Texans go from worst to first.

Lamar Football makes the FCS Playoffs after finishing second to SELA in the SLC.

Cade Harrington leads the SLC in total rushing yards.

Caleb leads the SLC in total passing yards and TD's thrown.

Lamar's defense will finish third in the conference in total yards surrendered and lead the SLC in interceptions.

Lamar averages 14,000 fans per game at PUS.

Ill do mine in the form of our football schedule

08/30 vs Grambling - W (35-24...offense clicks well but defense still working out a few kinks...Berry sets career passing TD record with a 12 yard TD to Begelton)

09/06 at Texas A&M - L (77-14...everyone knows A&M can score...LU sneaks in a couple late TDs)

09/13 vs Texas College - W (63-7...basically a reversal of the previous week...Harrington and Harris both rush for 100+ yards)

09/20 vs Mississippi College - W (71-0...see above...KJ returns 2 punts for TDs)

09/27 vs Sam Houston - W (28-24...close, down to the wire game that I think we pull out at home)

10/04 at Abilene Christian - W (27-17...long travel affects the offense but defense steps up big)

10/11 vs Southeastern Louisiana - L (42-31...LU puts up points but SELA's offense is just too much)

10/18 at Nicholls - W (34-20...Berry breaks John Evan's career passing yards record early in the 1st)

11/01 vs Houston Baptist - W (48-10...too much offense for HBU to handle...Harrington scores 4 TDs)

11/08 at Central Arkansas - W (31-28...LU gets payback with a Berry to Nelson TD with seconds to spare)

11/15 vs Incarnate Word - W (42-24...Harrington breaks LU's single season total TD record with his 14th in the 2nd)

11/22 at McNeese - L (31-27...come up just short to a very good McNeese team)

Overall finish the season 9-3 (6-2) finish 3rd in conference and claim one of the final playoff spots

KA...you're stealing thunder from a thread I was going to start next week. :)

Ha...I actually had this typed out as a new thread for that but decided to cut it and paste it here since I was predicting records falling and such...but I'll copy this one over there when you post it lol