2014 Team Previews: Abilene Christian

I wish Sims had worked out here cause Lamar could've used him this year.

What i hope is that our D knocks his d!ck in the dirt. For some reason, his departure rubbed me the wrong way. Came across like a little selfish punk (but I've also been known to be getting more cynical in my old age). He didn't impress me a single time in his season with us. Sure, you can blame the line but great players make stuff happen. He never, ever did. I think we are better off with out him...and the team's wallets and credit cards have also been a little safer with him in Abilene.

What i hope is that our D knocks his d!ck in the dirt. For some reason, his departure rubbed me the wrong way. Came across like a little selfish punk (but I've also been known to be getting more cynical in my old age). He didn't impress me a single time in his season with us. Sure, you can blame the line but great players make stuff happen. He never, ever did. I think we are better off with out him...and the team's wallets and credit cards have also been a little safer with him in Abilene.

He came here with a sense of self entitlement, expecting everyone to bow down to him, and to be great without having to put in the work. When he found out that none of the above would happen he threw a hissy fit like a small child and left the program. He felt he was to good to be here and that the Lamar program should feel honored to have him grace their presence. I never liked the guy.

He came here with a sense of self entitlement, expecting everyone to bow down to him, and to be great without having to put in the work. When he found out that none of the above would happen he threw a hissy fit like a small child and left the program. He felt he was to good to be here and that the Lamar program should feel honored to have him grace their presence. I never liked the guy.

I do not disagree with either of your thoughts. All I meant by my comment was I wished he had come in here motivated to play and to take advantage of a second chance he obviously didn't appreciate. He was a talented guy and if he had Lamar would've benefited from it.

Is it really worth talking about this team? Why not talk about the other 5 teams that are actually worthy of talk. You know, the 5 teams that will likely beat Lamar. I'm worried about this teams focus. It seems to mirror the fans.

Hello Boys,

OscarWildeCat here, Admin of the ACU board. http://catchat.freeforums.net/'

Kind of discouraging to find a W over us is taken for granted and "not worthy of talk" I get it though. We are the newbies. Hopefully we can earn a little respect when you visit us up in Abilene.

Re:Herschel Sims. You have every right to be upset with him over his brief stay at Lamar. I'm sure he was the entitled snob some of you describe. Back then, he was stil blaming everybody but himself for his problems. He has grown up quite a bit in the time he has been back in Abilene. He owns responsibility for his past problems, has stayed academically eligible and is on on track for a degree. He has also gotten himself in shape, lost enough weight that he is back to his OSU playing weight, and just passed 400 pounds on the bench press. Looks like he has turned his life around off the field. I hope it translates to on the field success.

Sims will run behind an untested line, with three new starters (a juco and 2 RS freshmen). They are certainly big enough (av wght 307, the same as TAMU).

Hope to see some of you up in Abilene later in the season. Feel free to drop by our board to talk about the game or football in general.

Hello Boys,

Kind of discouraging to find a W over us is taken for granted and "not worthy of talk" I get it though. We are the newbies. Hopefully we can earn a little respect when you visit us up in Abilene.

Re:Herschel Sims. You have every right to be upset with him over his brief stay at Lamar. I'm sure he was the entitled snob some of you describe. Back then, he was stil blaming everybody but himself for his problems. He has grown up quite a bit in the time he has been back in Abilene. He owns responsibility for his past problems, has stayed academically eligible and is on on track for a degree. He has also gotten himself in shape, lost enough weight that he is back to his OSU playing weight, and just passed 400 pounds on the bench press. Looks like he has turned his life around off the field. I hope it translates to on the field success.

Sims will run behind an untested line, with three new starters (a juco and 2 RS freshmen). They are certainly big enough (av wght 307, the same as TAMU).

Hope to see some of you up in Abilene later in the season. Feel free to drop by our board to talk about the game or football in general.

Take everything that guy says with a grain of salt. We're not all like that. SHSU fans said the same thing about us when we picked up football. I suppose it just goes with the territory, but keep the attitude you have, and it won't bug you too much. Welcome to the conference!

Hello Boys,

Oh, the game will be very worthy of discussion dont you worry. I am looking forward to you guys joining the Southland. I think yall are a great addition and look to ACU being the best of the newbies and since we play you guys at your house..... anything can happen... Game on, I think.... I am personally glad to hear that Sims has gotten things together. I am not rooting against him personally....... i wish him well. Three new starters on the O-line with 2 being freshman is probably not good.. hmmmm. good luck with that.... All the best of luck this season. I am gonna try to make the trip.