Price Announces LU Signing Class

KABrother88

Three junior college transfers and a southeast Texas prep standout have signed National Letters of Intent to continue their playing careers at Lamar announced head coach Tic Price Thursday afternoon. Zjori Bosha (Sour Lake, Texas/Hardin-Jefferson HS), Zachary Hollis (Palmdale, Calif./Antelope Valley College), Quan Jones (Little Rock, Ark./Connors State College) and Dontavious Sears (Memphis, Tenn./Eastern Oklahoma State College) will continue their education at Lamar this season.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082114aaa.html

Noticeable omissions PG BenQuan Petty and C LeMon Gregory...anyone know what's happened here?

Edit: Also HS PG Kevin Booze wad originally signed a LOI yet not in the LU release

Edited by KABrother88

Donnell needs to go. I am slightly disappointed with this class. I think there is talent and that it will show, but it's not the complete overhaul/purge that this program needed to jump start Tic Price's reign. I think I am most disappointed about the omission of Kevin Booze. What happened to him? The big Center is not much of a big loss. My guess is several guys bailed after Lamar was hit with those sanctions. Still, compared to what has been brought it the past couple of years this is a good class. Just wish we had gotten all of these guys.

The reality is if Tic wins 6 games he should get a significant raise. That would equal the win total for the last two years combined. Pat really left us as a big pile of crap that Tic must dig out of. It's amazing that Tic was able to get any quality players to come here in this situation and being on probation on top of it. We need an upgraded locker room for the players, a new scoreboard in the Montagne and a better in game atmosphere (VISON ADMINISTRATORS...VISION). Give the students and public a reason to show up and support the teams. Lamar basketball games SHOULD be the place to be every night they play but it's almost an afterthought now. It was bad before Pat nuked it, it's gonna take some time to get it back. Signing kids like Bosha will help but he needs more help.

While I would like to see upgrades to the facilities, winning is the only cure for the attendance and atmosphere. In the 70's and early 80's McDonald Gym and the Civic Center were packed and they were dumps compared to the current facilities. As for a larger turnover in players, remember the probation is due to academics, specifically progress towards graduation in which almost every transfer or drop out hurts the school. Tic will have to work through the process while doing what it looks like he did this summer which is get as many quality players as he can.

Even without the post season ban I doubt they would be making the SLC tourney anyway. Hopefully Tic Price makes a big turnaround in wins this year and gets those verbal commits to sign for 2015. I saw that Texas A&M just signed a stud big man so maybe that'll push Chris Harris more towards signing with LU.

Donnell needs to go. I am slightly disappointed with this class. I think there is talent and that it will show, but it's not the complete overhaul/purge that this program needed to jump start Tic Price's reign. I think I am most disappointed about the omission of Kevin Booze. What happened to him? The big Center is not much of a big loss. My guess is several guys bailed after Lamar was hit with those sanctions. Still, compared to what has been brought it the past couple of years this is a good class. Just wish we had gotten all of these guys.

I agree with you Big T...however not landing these three guys will just open up more scholarships for the 2015 class in which the staff has been working their tails off on. By my count we are at 12 scholarship players as of now with 4 being seniors...unless we get a very late sign or give a walk-on a scholarship we'll have 5 scholarships available...already have a great start with our 2 current commits (Chatman & Garth) but this could be an epic class with impact players...Harris and Wilridge are the guys I want!