Lamar @ A&M

woodman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LU has played 4 FBS teams the last 2 years and the average score has been about 45-5. I expect A&M to put up a ton of points but can LU score at least a few TDs?

I don't think we can expect anything to come out of this game except moral victories. I'd like to atleast see a number higher than 7 on our side of the scoreboard at the end of the game. I'll take that with no injuries and be ok with it.

What's up fellas? I think those of you going to the game who have never been before will find it a very pleasant experience. I would recommend going early and walking around the tailgates...you will get more food and beer than you could want. Aggies LOVE to take care of our guests. Our stadium renovation includes 2 phases with Phase 1 complete for the most part and Phase 2 scheduled to start at the completion of this season. For those who are interested you can find more information at http://www.kylefield.com. Anyway...be safe in your travels and enjoy the experience.

BigOl'Ag out.

What's up fellas? I think those of you going to the game who have never been before will find it a very pleasant experience. I would recommend going early and walking around the tailgates...you will get more food and beer than you could want. Aggies LOVE to take care of our guests. Our stadium renovation includes 2 phases with Phase 1 complete for the most part and Phase 2 scheduled to start at the completion of this season. For those who are interested you can find more information at http://www.kylefield.com. Anyway...be safe in your travels and enjoy the experience.

BigOl'Ag out.

thanks for the info.ill be there with a group of 25.looking forward to my first kyle field experience.anything in particular we need to check out?where is a good family place to go after game(eatery)?plan to bring a wagon and ice chest and just find some cool people to hang with.does anyone know if lamar is hosting a tailgate?

thanks for the info.ill be there with a group of 25.looking forward to my first kyle field experience.anything in particular we need to check out?where is a good family place to go after game(eatery)?plan to bring a wagon and ice chest and just find some cool people to hang with.does anyone know if lamar is hosting a tailgate?

Been a while since I stuck around after a game so not sure I could steer you right with respect to post game family dining...but I will find out for you and report back. Solid plan...you'll have no problem finding an aggie tailgate to hang at if you don't find a Lamar group.

In reference to dining places, here's a start. It has been since 2008 since we made the trek to College Station, but here are a few we used to go to.

Cafe Eccel - In North Gate right across from the campus. (University Drive and Welborn Road). - We used to pre-game dine there a lot.

http://cafeeccellbryantx.com/

Christophers - Higher end - high prices, but the food was great. Off of Hwy 30 towards Huntsville.

http://www.christophersworldgrille.com/

Messina Hof - Restaurant in a winery - higher end also, but nice.

http://messinahof.com/dine/vintage-house-restaurant

Parking is a pain unless you have paid parking. Free A&M buses run from the mall off of Hwy 6 freeway. Used to be from JC Penney's. We took the bus several years after parking on campus got so difficult. The buses are frequent and were comfortable. Listen to the driver for the pick up spot after the game.

http://transport.tamu.edu/Parking/events/football.aspx?c=grid#grid

Cotton Patch on Hwy 6 in Bryan off of the Boonville Road exit...away from campus, but a lot of Ags go there before or after the game depending on the time. Good family restaurant. Menu prices are reasonable.

http://www.cottonpatch.com/locations/bryan.htm

Several places on Texas Avenue toward Bryan.

Edited by LUSportsFan

Guest austinred

Koppe Bridge Grill is a good place to go. It will be crowded on game weekend but all the restaurants will be crowded.

My wife's grandparents live in Bryan so we are in the B-CS area quite often...our staples are Wings 'N More on University and Rudy's on Harvey. Wings will he packed on any Saturday during the season so I'd recommend Friday night (like we are doing) or Sunday on your way home. Another good place is the Longhorn Tavern Steakhouse in downtown Bryan.

We haven't been to a game in a couple years and haven't done the park and ride but that the plan Saturday...last game we would have been better off walking from the park and ride than where we ended up...and there will be 20,000 more people there this weekend.

Some other good places...

J Cody's

Saltgrass Steakhouse

Outback

Someone also mentioned that some area country clubs have pre and post game dining available that you do not have to be a member for but that may not necessarily be for every game.

Sorry...I'm not more helpful on specifics but it's something you could look into further if you wanted to.

Hey team. Guy I wish we could compete in this game. I don't know if we will be able to move the ball to the end zone enough to even score. I don't like them Aggy folk at all, I thought about going to this game but gang, I have a tackle box of my own I can look at in my garage. Whew... that is one ugly stadium. Even with the new stuff. Yikes.

Team, let's just not get hurt and get back and keep moving forward. I don't know why we scheduled this game, but A&M should be ashamed of that schedule of theirs. My goodness, what day do they play Hamshire Fannett guy?

Hey team. Guy I wish we could compete in this game. I don't know if we will be able to move the ball to the end zone enough to even score. I don't like them Aggy folk at all, I thought about going to this game but gang, I have a tackle box of my own I can look at in my garage. Whew... that is one ugly stadium. Even with the new stuff. Yikes.

Team, let's just not get hurt and get back and keep moving forward. I don't know why we scheduled this game, but A&M should be ashamed of that schedule of theirs. My goodness, what day do they play Hamshire Fannett guy?

An obvious attempt at a pot stir.:rolleyes:

Too many aggis pretending to be LU fans on this site.

There are also some of us who have degrees from both universities and support both universities. I attended A&M football games most of the years Lamar didn't have a team (1992-2008). When Lamar brought football back, I decided to support the Cardinal football program as a season ticket holder as I had from 1977-1989. I want the Cardinal program to succeed and continue to grow. I think there are other A&M supporters who can take my place as a season ticket holder there. I still contribute to both universities as I have for the last 30 or so years.

IMHO.....if all you have to wear to a Lamar home game is an aggi shirt then just stay home. If your avatar is "aggiwhatever" stay on the atm fan board. Pretty simple.

I'm not going to try to tell someone else what to do. That's a personal decision; however, I agree with the quote. I think the same could be said about anyone with multiple ties..."when in Rome..."

My wife and I proudly wear Cardinal red to Lamar games and wear maroon when attending A&M games. (Admittedly, a game like this Saturday's game is a conflict for me because I want both universities to succeed.) I use different user names on fan boards for each of the universities; however, I don't make a secret of my affiliations. By the same token, I don't agree with alienating Lamar fans who happen to have ties to other universities. As an example, unlike me, my brother has no direct ties to Lamar other than he has lived and worked in Beaumont all his life. He graduated from A&M and went to law school at another Big12 university. Even so, he was a big supporter of Lamar basketball because Lamar was the area team. Those are the fans we need to cultivate in addition to those with direct ties.

I'm not going to try to tell someone else what to do. That's a personal decision; however, I agree with the quote. I think the same could be said about anyone with multiple ties..."when in Rome..."

My wife and I proudly wear Cardinal red to Lamar games and wear maroon when attending A&M games. (Admittedly, a game like this Saturday's game is a conflict for me because I want both universities to succeed.) I use different user names on fan boards for each of the universities; however, I don't make a secret of my affiliations. By the same token, I don't agree with alienating Lamar fans who happen to have ties to other universities. As an example, unlike me, my brother has no direct ties to Lamar other than he has lived and worked in Beaumont all his life. He graduated from A&M and went to law school at another Big12 university. Even so, he was a big supporter of Lamar basketball because Lamar was the area team. Those are the fans we need to cultivate in addition to those with direct ties.

I agree with this post.

I have the same username for all the messageboards that I am a member of. It's just my personal identity.

I was a 13 year season ticket holder for Lamar basketball until a couple of years ago and a season ticket holder for Lamar football since they brought football back, but dropped it last season. I support both schools.

I would think you would want a diverse membership here instead of just Lamar only fans.

I agree with this post.

I have the same username for all the messageboards that I am a member of. It's just my personal identity.

I was a 13 year season ticket holder for Lamar basketball until a couple of years ago and a season ticket holder for Lamar football since they brought football back, but dropped it last season. I support both schools.

I would think you would want a diverse membership here instead of just Lamar only fans.

you're exactly correct mike.

Everyone should be welcome here no matter what team you pull for. Whether you're a Lamar fan like me or an Aggie. I'd like to see more conference fans over here talking a little smack as well.

This is a pretty great website and Mike does a great job. Hopefully Lamar will match his vision someday.

Everyone should be welcome here no matter what team you pull for. Whether you're a Lamar fan like me or an Aggie. I'd like to see more conference fans over here talking a little smack as well.

This is a pretty great website and Mike does a great job. Hopefully Lamar will match his vision someday.

I totally agree. And yes, Mike is doing a fantastic job with this site. We Lamar fans should be thankful.