Lamar @ A&M

woodman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the "A-Whoop en" #21 A&M put on # 9 SC last night ( 52-28 ), what are folks guess on haw many points will be scored against LU.

I'd bet the intensity coming off that game and having a FCS school next obviously wont be as high for the Aggies. Saying this they'll score whatever they want and will be able to work on their young defense versus what will be a good passing team. It be a similar game as what we saw in Stillwater last season with a similar payout to the football program and it gives the kids at Lamar to play in an atmosphere they wont ever see again. I saw an interview with Kade Harrington where he stated his favorite game last year was the Oklahoma State game due to the environment.

I agree with Mike that A&M is gonna score whatever they want...Lamar doesn't have the experience in the secondary to offset what they will do through the air...plus 3 guys (depending on the health of TE Cam Clear) who come in at 6'6"+...nobody can match up with that. Their OL is big and stong and played very well last night...McGallion will have to be very creative to get pressure without hampering the pass defense...they have 3 RBs who would be the #1 guy on most FBS teams. For us offensively Shead and Brock will have their work cut out for them with DE Myles Garrett. LB is their current weakness and it got worse last night with A.J. Hilliard dislocating his ankle...I expect their freshman LBs to get a lot of work early to keep the starters healthy. I believe we can score a few points late when they pull starters and maybe a TD before but it's going to he a long night. I'm head up there Friday night with 20 Aggies...but have no fear I will be in Cardinal Red Saturday. I will have to don my Maroon & White Friday night cause we are going to Midnight Yell...looking forward to that.

A&M will be able to put up whatever numbers they choose. However, I would like to see LU go into the game with some confidence and a nothing to lose attitude. At OSU we were scared to death and intimidated. Even the cocky KJ was sooooo intimidated he was tip toeing out of the end zone on ko and they were nailing him at the 10 yard line all night. Of course, being a transfer from OSU I'll bet their boys put the word out to KJ they were coming after him, which probably shook him up and understandably so. The big key for LU's offense this game will be Berry. If he is scared again, like he was at OSU, we will sputter and be lucky to score. If he moves in the pocket some he will find open receivers. There is no reason why Roberts won't be able to blow by those dbs I saw last night now and then. I hope to see a game similar to the Sam vs A&M last year.

I agree with Mike that A&M is gonna score whatever they want...Lamar doesn't have the experience in the secondary to offset what they will do through the air...plus 3 guys (depending on the health of TE Cam Clear) who come in at 6'6"+...nobody can match up with that. Their OL is big and stong and played very well last night...McGallion will have to be very creative to get pressure without hampering the pass defense...they have 3 RBs who would be the #1 guy on most FBS teams. For us offensively Shead and Brock will have their work cut out for them with DE Myles Garrett. LB is their current weakness and it got worse last night with A.J. Hilliard dislocating his ankle...I expect their freshman LBs to get a lot of work early to keep the starters healthy. I believe we can score a few points late when they pull starters and maybe a TD before but it's going to he a long night. I'm head up there Friday night with 20 Aggies...but have no fear I will be in Cardinal Red Saturday. I will have to don my Maroon & White Friday night cause we are going to Midnight Yell...looking forward to that.

Someone be sure to keep the sword away form KABrother because he will surely want to commit Hari-Kari after being with 20 aggies for a football weekend!!!

Don't see the outcome being very good for LU, but hope they put a little surprise into the aggies!!

Someone be sure to keep the sword away form KABrother because he will surely want to commit Hari-Kari after being with 20 aggies for a football weekend!!!

Don't see the outcome being very good for LU, but hope they put a little surprise into the aggies!!

Ha...it's all my in-laws and their family...been around them for 5 years now so I think I'll make it a little longer...to be honest I've been an Aggie fan since I was growing up and intended on going there...took a more economical approach for my family by choosing LU lol...think things have worked out the best that way

A&M looked soooo good. All I kept thinking was that I am watching a potential national champion....

Talk about blowing things a little out of proportion after a single game?!?! Potential National Champion? Really? Nearly 500 yards of total offense allowed will not cut it for a potential national champion and hell if the South Carolina QB was worth a damn they'd allowed 600 yards offense. I'll give them credit that the run defense was better but after jumping all over the Cocks early they were forced to abandon the run and resort to airing it out in an attempt to keep up. While we're on the subject of South Carolina I haven't seen a worse coached big game outside of Beaumont in quite some time. They did not trust their corners and safeties and as mentioned their offensive game plan abandoned the run way too early. Watching that game they shouldve ran the ball down A&Ms throats and played more man to man early to at least see what Kenny Hill was capable of. The worst thing you can do is give a guy confidence and that's what happened early when his throws were to wide open wideouts who barely looked covered. A&M is going to struggle against teams that can play MAN coverage on the outside. It's been obvious many teams in the SEC cannot gameplan the spread so A&M is going to look a lot better because of it.

Edited by CS

Talk about blowing things a little out of proportion after a single game?!?! Potential National Champion? Really? Nearly 500 yards of total offense allowed will not cut it for a potential national champion and hell if the South Carolina QB was worth a damn they'd allowed 600 yards offense. I'll give them credit that the run defense was better but after jumping all over the Cocks early they were forced to abandon the run and resort to air it out in an attempt to keep up. While we're on the subject of South Carolina I haven't seen a worse coached big game outside of Beaumont in quite some time. They did not trust their corners and safeties and as mentioned their offensive game plan abandoned the run way too early. Watching that game I felt like they should have ran the ball down A&Ms throats and I also felt like they should have played more man to ma early on to at least see what Kenny Hill was capable of. The worst thing you can do is give a guy confidence and that's what happened early when a lot of his throws were to wide open wideouts barely who barely looked covered. A&M is going to struggle against teams that can play MAN coverage on the outside. It's been obvious many teams in the SEC cannot gameplan the spread so A&M is going to look a lot better because of it.

You're an idiot

I agree with CS.... God that sounds like a terrible idea.... But yeah, To say that A&M is a national Champ contender after one game where their secondary was freaking terrible... Slightly insaine. It was one game, yes a good game, but one game and the defense still looked terrible. They also have to get past LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Auburn... Oh and lets not forget that Arkansas running game and please don't sneeze on Rice and SMU... That's a brutal schedule with teams that have defenses good enough to slow down that A&M offense and offenses potent enough to sit back and pick apart that A&M defense.

You are not an idiot Big T.

I thought the defensive line looked good for A&M. I just dont really remember breaking down the defense that closely while watching to be honest. I just remember seeing what I thought was utter and complete domination of the then 9th ranked team in the country. Maybe I am way off in my thinking Big T. Also, Insane is spelled "insane" not "insaine" Big T. Sorry to spell check you, but if you want to call someone a name, try to spell it right.

I will stand by and embrace my insanity and apparent mental instability for the moment and stick with my thought that A&M is a potential national champion for this year. The good news is we will find out. Fee free to call me out on this post in the future if A&M bombs. :)

Doesn't feel good?? Does it?

It actually feels like nothing because unlike a few of you I don't get offended by message board post and I've never personally attacked a single person on here for stating their opinion.

To be fair CS I think you're an idiot due to the majority of your previous posts on this site

What has our school done in recent memory on the gridiron or around Beaumont to offset my opinions you all disagree with? About the only really positive thing has been actually bringing back the football program from the dead which I'm floored they pulled off. I'll hang up and listen.

What has our school done in recent memory on the gridiron or around Beaumont to offset my opinions you all disagree with? About the only really positive thing has been actually bringing back the football program from the dead which I'm floored they pulled off. I'll hang up and listen.

1.) I don't believe you are even affiliated with Lamar in any way other than BRI and living in Beaumont possibly so I will say MY university...not OUR university.

2.) You complain about Lamar sucking and not having "vision" yet all you've done is the bitching behind a keyboard...if you're so unhappy you need to go beyond a FAN message board to voice complaint...we can't help you.

3.) I believe you are a troll and many others have called you out for the same...and you have never tried to rebut them...seems pretty obvious

From this point forward I'm not going to respond to any of your posts and I hope everyone else here will follow suit if they haven't already and eventually you'll stay over at KatFans until you figure out another name to use...

I agree with CS.... God that sounds like a terrible idea.... But yeah, To say that A&M is a national Champ contender after one game where their secondary was freaking terrible... Slightly insaine. It was one game, yes a good game, but one game and the defense still looked terrible. They also have to get past LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Auburn... Oh and lets not forget that Arkansas running game and please don't sneeze on Rice and SMU... That's a brutal schedule with teams that have defenses good enough to slow down that A&M offense and offenses potent enough to sit back and pick apart that A&M defense.

Hey Big T. Me and Kirk Herbstreet think A&M is a national contender after week one. :) He has A&M getting into the 4-team playoff. I am writing this with a smile on my face and just being playful. Not meant to be mean at all... just playin around and pickin at you.

I am not an A&M fan at all. In fact, hate, would not be too strong a word, I think. My best friend is an A&M grad, and I am an LSU grad, so we have had some fun over these last few years during the Manziel era. I think LSU and Bama are not the teams that they have been in the past. I "love" the 4-team playoff idea. Gonna be great fun this year to see how it all plays out. I saw your write up on the Cards game last night. Right on target. Great way to start the season.

As for the A&M game this week I just want to see the same fight I saw vs Oklahoma State last year. The one thing I don't want to see is our head coach calling running play after running play to run clock to keep the score down. I want to see the Cards going for it in terms of David trying like hell to defeat Goliath. It's not likely to happen but there's no reason not to have a nice F**k it attitude and go after the Aggies. Maybe, just maybe, the Aggies will be so cocky after dismantling South Carolina and thinking Lamar is a push over they won't be fired up to play. I would love to see LU come out and attack the Aggies and in the end throw a good scare into them and then we'll see what Kirk freaking Herbstreit says about the Aggies next week.

BTW, Herbstreit is freaking out and over reacted to the Aggies win IMO. Yes, A&M went into the Gamecocks home stadium and opened up a can of whoop-ass but who knows. Maybe A&M is that good or maybe SoCal isn't. You get a good idea by Week 4 who is for real and who's not but to say A&M should jump 17 slots from #21 to #4 is pretty ridiculous. Aggie fans are probably disagreeing here but one week does not a season make. Let's tap the brakes on the Ags just a little and let's home the Cards show up big in College Station this Saturday.

Edited by eagle eye

As for the A&M game this week I just want to see the same fight I saw vs Oklahoma State last year. The one thing I don't want to see is our head coach calling running play after running play to run clock to keep the score down. I want to see the Cards going for it in terms of David trying like hell to defeat Goliath. It's not likely to happen but there's no reason not to have a nice F**k it attitude and go after the Aggies. Maybe, just maybe, the Aggies will be so cocky after dismantling South Carolina and thinking Lamar is a push over they won't be fired up to play. I would love to see LU come out and attack the Aggies and in the end throw a good scare into them and then we'll see what Kirk freaking Herbstreit says about the Aggies next week.

BTW, Herbstreit is freaking out and over reacted to the Aggies win IMO. Yes, A&M went into the Gamecocks home stadium and opened up a can of whoop-ass but who knows. Maybe A&M is that good or maybe SoCal isn't. You get a good idea by Week 4 who is for real and who's not but to say A&M should jump 17 slots from #21 to #4 is pretty ridiculous. Aggie fans are probably disagreeing here but one week does not a season make. Let's tap the brakes on the Ags just a little and let's home the Cards show up big in College Station this Saturday.

Agreed on both points. Go out and try to win the game. The fact is, against a foe with superior talent, you need a few breaks and you need to make a few breaks. Don't be afraid to go for fourth-and-short and put the ball in the air. Yes, chances are we'll lose by 50. But don't *act* that way. If the game gets out of hand, still keep trying to score (although I admit I'd get Berry out of the game, and perhaps a few other starters as well) until the gun goes off.

Also agreed on the second point... for whatever reason, the SEC always seems to have one team a year that is ranked in the preseason top 10 that ends up being completely awful (Florida last year, Arkansas the year before, etc.). I think it's part hype and part good conference depth. While A&M looked good, there were a lot of indications in that game that, at least to me, looked like South Carolina just isn't very good. We'll see.

Edited by Twin Daddy

The aggie looked very good Thursday and should score as many as they want. Sorry but I don't see any way LU can protect Berry enough for him to be effective. I expect a lot of three and outs and once it is obvious the game is out of hand three running plays eats up about two minutes and three incomplete passes only takes about thirty seconds off the clock. This game is bout a pay check, giving the players a chance to be part of the big time atmosphere and to see what your really made of. Best outcome is LU doesn't have any injuries that impact the rest of the year and maybe you get the back up qb and others some reps.