**LAMAR at TEXAS A&M.....LU falls 73-3**

Mike

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stupid rain delay caused me to lose sleep and also to miss the final quarter of the game. It was 45-3 when I went to bed so I was a little surprised TAMU scored another 28 points in the 4th. Without looking I would imagine that the Cards were just gassed at the end. I was proud of the fight they put up and I was disappointed with how erratic Caleb Berry was. He missed a wide open receiver for a TD in the first and the play calling on the Aggies goal line that ended up being a field goal was a little questionable but for the most part it was pretty much what most people expected. It was just a clear case of Lamar being overmatched talent-wise and that was across the board. That wasn't unexpected either. Still it wasn't all bad and Cards can hold their heads high. My one hope was that Coach Ray wouldn't roll over and play dead like he did at Oklahoma State last year and he didn't. Good for him. Now, let's cash the check and forget this one and look at next week.

Here's my thing...that team is in the top 10 for a reason...they can play. I didn't expect LU's defense to be able to stop them so I was pleasantly surprised when we forced them to a field goal at the beginning of the 2nd...especially after TAMU starting that drive on the 4 after Noil's punt return. I'm sure by the 4th quarter they were gassed and demoralized but you still don't like to see the walk-ons score 28 points. Offensively I was disappointed with the play calling...not surprised but still disappointed. To me that kind of game means nothing...why call it so conservative (yes I know that has always been his style)...you have nothing to lose...take a few shots and see what happens. I think had Harrington been healthy Berry could have don't a little more in the passing game...I personally feel like he played well considering the circumstances...he showed good mobility in the pocket and loved how quick he bounced up after getting cartwheeled.

I went to Midnight Yell last night as one of this "When in Rome" kinda things and wanted to get an early look at the stadium...HOLY COW...half the jokes about LU didn't make sense but it was crazy to see 50,000 people for a pep-rally...

Look at those friggin homos. lol.

Here's my thing...that team is in the top 10 for a reason...they can play. I didn't expect LU's defense to be able to stop them so I was pleasantly surprised when we forced them to a field goal at the beginning of the 2nd...especially after TAMU starting that drive on the 4 after Noil's punt return. I'm sure by the 4th quarter they were gassed and demoralized but you still don't like to see the walk-ons score 28 points. Offensively I was disappointed with the play calling...not surprised but still disappointed. To me that kind of game means nothing...why call it so conservative (yes I know that has always been his style)...you have nothing to lose...take a few shots and see what happens. I think had Harrington been healthy Berry could have don't a little more in the passing game...I personally feel like he played well considering the circumstances...he showed good mobility in the pocket and loved how quick he bounced up after getting cartwheeled.

Here's my thing. I think Caleb Berry is a very good QB. I think Mark Roberts is as fast as anyone they have (not as quick but as fast..running straight down the field). Why not throw something down field? We pretty much ran the same dumb few plays over and over and over again. I'm not talking about running stupid trick plays either. Where was Jayce Nelson? Didn't our tight ends only catch one pass each? I definitely agree with pudding, I think Woodard runs a prevent offense!!!! I'll give him credit, he's created a new football term/strategy. I was very disappointed in how Caleb Berry played. He missed too many damn throws! He is MUCH better than the way he played. I've been telling people how good he is and he laid a big giant turd on the field. It was like after we kicked the field goal our offense said "ok, we proved we can score now we can quit". And our defense...I'll only comment on the first three quarters because I quit watching...couldn't take it anymore. What in the world were we doing the first half on defense? Our secondary wasn't even trying to cover anyone??!!! Hello, when you blitz why in the world are you playing 10-15 yards off of the damn receivers? It was like stealing. I could have completed those damn passes!!! At least from what I saw in the third quarter it looked like we were finally trying to cover them. And I thought our offensive line stunk. That's part of the reason Berry had a bad game but it's no excuse for some of those bad throws.

Our special teams are definitely "special" if you know what I mean. Wow...I thought they were terrible in the Grambling game and they certainly didn't change my mind. When is Ball coming back? Maybe he can kick it deep into the end zone?

I was impressed with ATM's speed/quickness. They have a few guys that are unbelievably quick. And that number 15 on defense for them is a definite stud...or our o-line made him look like a stud.

I expected a loss. Total humiliation would have been 90 plus to zero. Disgusting would be 73-3. I was hoping for 56 - 10. If Berry would have played decent we could have scored at least 17.

Anyway, cash the check and let's move on.

Time to move on. I think LU got as much out of the game as could be expected. Don't recall any serious injuries. Further proof of where the weaknesses are. An atmosphere that this team will likely never see again. Big questions are did Woodard and company avoid running the whole offense so as not to show anything ahead of the Sam game? Can they come out this Saturday and put a whooping on a lower division school like they just got or will LU think they don't have to play hard?

The Aggies put up 52 on South Carolina and people are starting their "the sky is falling " b.s. because they put up 73 on us. I'll reserve my judgement of this year's team until we line up against SLC teams. Some of you yahoos on here have a very hard time keeping things in perspective.