What other team do you follow?

Guest Adams

Guest Adams

Just wanted to get a feel of the board. Are you only a Lamar fan? Do you follow the Aggies or Horns? Someone else?

Obviously with my avatar I am a Longhorn fan. I did not attend the school because I joined the Air Force instead of going to school first.

Wish there was a poll option. Is there a poll option? I hate polls anyway.

I follow a few different teams.. I am from the Northwest (Washington and Montana) and I follow Gonzaga for basketball. I also follow Montana and Boise State in football.. that is about all other than Lamar, which is the number one team I follow.

Guest CardAmbassador
Lamar's my one and only all others are just opponents in my mind. If I end up going to A&M I might root for them when I'm there but they will never take the place of my Cardinals.

Guest PNG1992
Lamar's my one and only all others are just opponents in my mind. If I end up going to A&M I might root for them when I'm there but they will never take the place of my Cardinals.

Just don't drink the Kool-Aide.

Guest CardAmbassador
i only really care when lamar is involved but i like notre dame.quit buying other schools gear a long time ago.notre dame doesnt need my money.

100% agree with that statement.

Here's my order of support.

1. I follow both A&M and Lamar. I graduated from both schools, but those would have been the universities that I followed anyway.

For A&M, I'm a third generation Aggie. My grandfather indoctrinated us early as he was an avid Aggie fan. :)

For Lamar, I started following the university in childhood dating back to the Vernon Glass (football) and Jack Martin (basketball) days. I grew up in Beaumont.

I want to see both schools succeed. That makes it tough for me whenever A&M is playing Lamar since my loyalties are pulled in different directions. I still remember watching a basketball game in College Station pitting Lamar against A&M. For the old timers, the Lamar team was the one that had Earl Dow among others on it. (Lamar won by the way.)

2. After those two universities, I follow the remaining teams in in the conferences associated with my primary loyalties. I root for the conference teams during out of conference contests and try to keep up with how the conference teams are doing. It's a little more difficult during intra conference contests unless my teams are involved.