Thread: Biggest Surprise Team So Far in Non Power 5 Football

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Biggest Surprise Team So Far in Non Power 5 Football

Every year we see a non power five team step up their game and compete with the big boys. There was Boise State, Northern Illinois, and Fresno State last year. This year I believe that the surprise team may be a little closer to home. Louisiana Tech went into a Lafayette Louisiana last weekend and destroyed a very good UL team then turned around after a short week and went up to UNT last night and destroyed UNT at their place on national TV. I watched both of these games and have come away beyond impressed with LA Tech. Great on defense, solid on offense, and explosive on special teams. If they are able to get past Auburn, which I think really could be possible, there isn't another team on their schedule that should pose a threat. It would be interesting to see how the new playoff selection committee would handle an undefeated non power five team with a win over an SEC school. But, lets not put the cart before the horse and see what they do against Auburn in a couple weeks.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Biggest Surprise Team So Far in Non Power 5 Football

I'd go with BYU...if that's too close to being big 5...Marshall

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Biggest Surprise Team So Far in Non Power 5 Football

Marshall has looked fantastic and they have one hell of a QB.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano