**MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE at LAMAR Game Thread, LU WINS 55-10 !!**

Mike

I can't figure out the kickoff coverage. First several times we dribble kick, pooch kick etc. and give them great field position. The last two or three kickoffs we kick it deep and have decent coverage with MC not getting the ball out past the 30 and one of them we stop them right at the 20.

I can't figure out the kickoff coverage. First several times we dribble kick, pooch kick etc. and give them great field position. The last two or three kickoffs we kick it deep and have decent coverage with MC not getting the ball out past the 30 and one of them we stop them right at the 20.

It seems to me we have a severe speed problem on special teams. Either that or we have 11 guys that can't get off of blocks! Yes, we finally had decent coverage on a couple of deep kicks but I'm not convinced we can do that consistently

FWIW I think the stats are wrong. On the fumbled punt by KJ the play by play put the fumble at the LU 21 (which is correct) but the recovery at the MC 18 (which is incorrect...revived at the LU 18) then the next play is a 64 yard run to the LU 18...I don't remember a 64 yard run from them...so that play was really a run for 0 putting the MC rushing yards for the game at a total of 64 instead of 128 and total yards at 155 instead of 219 Edited by KABrother88

I thought Berry had a really good night. Running backs and receivers did well. Offensive line had a heck of a night. Traedway played really well tonight. Defense started a little sluggish, but once they figured out the offense at the end of 1st quarter it was over. Special teams not good. Cost us a lot of yardage and points.

Okay, we're done playing patty-cake with lesser opponents. Conference begins next week with SAM coming to town. I hope the last two weeks has built some confidence and some continuity for the Cardinals to come out and kick SHSU's asses next week. 3rd home game in a row at home. Let's hope Lamar makes home field advantage mean something.

The team needs to play well, but home field advantage will depend on the fans. If the students don't show up in full force Sam could potentially have more fans on the east side than LU. Oh by the way I really don't like Slam or their fans.

curious to see how many traffic cone orange fans show up...they are pissin and moanin over on that board of theirs.

Those guys are a bunch of pansies... they banned me for returning the favor on a personal attack... They can't take anything.. especially the guy who lives in the area and does nothing but bash it.. We know beaumont aint hollywood but sam isn't bama.. they are the most delusional fan base in our conference..

So as a LU grad and SHSU fan (Daughter is Athlete at Sam) I wont get kicked off for participating....Eat'em Up Kats

With that said I've seen (or attended) all but one SHSU game (Alabama St) Ya'll can bash all you want about Sam losing to CS-P (#2 DII) but I'll tell you they would beat most SLC schools. With that said, Sam has it's share of issues this year with loss of players and new coach...but don't let that fool you.

I'll be one of two (also my daughter) sitting among some LU player parents in our, what did yall call it construction cone orange---see yall Saturday!

So as a LU grad and SHSU fan (Daughter is Athlete at Sam) I wont get kicked off for participating....Eat'em Up Kats

With that said I've seen (or attended) all but one SHSU game (Alabama St) Ya'll can bash all you want about Sam losing to CS-P (#2 DII) but I'll tell you they would beat most SLC schools. With that said, Sam has it's share of issues this year with loss of players and new coach...but don't let that fool you.

I'll be one of two (also my daughter) sitting among some LU player parents in our, what did yall call it construction cone orange---see yall Saturday!

LU grad saying "eat um up cats"...DISGUSTING