Biggest game since bringing back football

lu cards

Looking at the schedule, nobody is doing that great (except maybe McNeese). SELA and ACU are both 2-2 while McNeese is 1-1. I think if LU can't win 8 games with all the cupcakes they have on the schedule (they don't play NW State or SFA this year) then it'll be time for Woodard to step down. This game against SHSU is big and I agree with lu cards, woodard's job is probably on the line if he loses this one. If they were serious about going 9-5 then this is a must win game.

If this actually is the must win that you guys are talking about and we do win, what kind of contract extension would we be looking at? I certainly hope not another one year extension. Two, three, four years? Whatever it is, we would need it immediately for recruiting and coaching continuity. I think we have a 50/50 chance to win Saturday.

I'm on record on one of the preseason threads saying Woodard, in my opinion, has to beat either SHSU, SELA, UCA or MSU to keep his job with SHSU and UCA being the easier 2 of the 4 on paper. We need Harrington back and hopefully at full strength...Raliegh should be out for a few more weeks and not sure about Handy but I think Woodard said after TC he would be out 2-3 weeks. McCormack was out again this week hopefully just precautionary. Will also need Ball back...his kickoffs aren't great but these squibs are driving me crazy. Was great to see Moss back out there this week.

Word needs to get out at every social media corner. We need to get people to show up in droves. Pack that place full. Not a seat should be available.

And Woodard should do something to get those boys extra fired up. Like a new uniform or something. All black. I wish he would do something like that.

Black out the Kats. Or all white... a Storm trooper style uniform. No silly looking stripes on the hamstring. Just white.

Win this game and it could build confidence, save a job, get people interested in Lamar again. Lose and they might as well fold up the tents.

Word needs to get out at every social media corner. We need to get people to show up in droves. Pack that place full. Not a seat should be available.

And Woodard should do something to get those boys extra fired up. Like a new uniform or something. All black. I wish he would do something like that.

Black out the Kats. Or all white... a Storm trooper style uniform. No silly looking stripes on the hamstring. Just white.

Win this game and it could build confidence, save a job, get people interested in Lamar again. Lose and they might as well fold up the tents.

we finally agree on something!!

if they cant get fired up for this game, we got the wrong kinda players

Actually, next week may be the biggest game for Lamar since bringing football back. ACU was a very good D2 team and based on their play so far look to be the best of the new teams added to the SLC. Lamar has to overcome the disappointment from their performance last night and face another team with a very good former FBS running back, who is more than capable of breaking the big run. If Woodard has a prayer of having a winning season much less saving his job the ACU game is a must win and was before we played Sam. Most everyone posting on this sight said LU needed to win at least one of the four games against Sam, SELA, UCA and McNeese, with everyone expecting the win to be against Sam. I think a win against one of the last three is still possible, but unless LU wins against ACU it won't matter.