Thread: V-I-S-I-O-N - ITT we share ideas

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

V-I-S-I-O-N - ITT we share ideas

My vision for Lamar University is simple. Make the necessary changes to make this Football team better by attracting new fans and better recruits.

The most simple solution is winning. Winning cures everything. Unfortunately we won't win much without the best recruits. Here are some ideas I have for the near future.

New uniforms: We need an all white storm trooper look, a red jersey of course and then some sort of alternate jersey with metallic or all black. Get the kids excited. When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you play good. Play good...... WIN.

Marketing: We need to spread the word a lot better than we are doing currently. Lamar is not the talk of the town. High School football is. When people around here talk college football they talk about UT, LSU and Texas A&M. No one cares about Lamar. We need to change that. Introduce some promos, incentives for showing up at the game, make people want to come!!

Game Atmosphere: It's stale. We already aren't playing interesting teams at home. We need to figure out how to spice things up a bit. The Lamar Band would be a start. They need something that grabs attention. The band is good, don't get me wrong, but it's like watching any local high school perform. Take a look at what Ohio State does during halftime. We can easily get that done on a smaller scale. It's not hard to get iPads to everyone and learn those sorts of movements. We just need to make it smaller with less people. The band can get a crowd going in the stands with the right songs.
    The students need to band together for this team. Show up in droves and get nuts. What else is there to do in Beaumont on a Saturday night? Nothing.

On a larger scale: We need a better stadium. It's just old and outdated. Nice scoreboard and great turf but that's really where it ends. We need a stadium that matches the field house amenities.

Let's get there. GO BIG RED.
    Likes LU Cardinal, bigredfan2 liked this post

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: V-I-S-I-O-N - ITT we share ideas

What they did with the kids last week was a great idea. Kids showing up equals parents bringing them equals more butts in the seats. If the kiddos are excited they grow up as fans of the Cardinals first, not the aggies, longhorns, bears, etc etc etc. It wont be all of them bur if you get some pop warner football loving kids to enjoy the lamar football games, they could be begging the parents to show up for more home games.
    Likes bigredfan2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

one more thing that could improve the atmosphere: fix the stadium sound system. I remember the first season that scoreboard was ROCKING and we heard everything. Since it seems like it just is never been the same or I just got used to it. Either way, crank it up. Another idea to piggy back what I mentioned above about the kids last week, give away tickets to all the local elementary schools for the kids to show up. LU may not be able to do it for the bigger conference games but they couldve for Texas/Miss College. Do anything to generate some interest in the program among the youth. For all your shit post this is a good thread CS.
    Likes bigredfan2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

CS, put your money where your big mouth is. I assume you are a cardinal club member. I assume you contribute financially so that we can afford these new uniforms and stadium improvements. Let me know where you are sitting at the CC this sat and I'll make a special trip to visit with you in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Last weekend was actually pretty fun. We had a couple of the little guys from the local football teams in the section behind us as we invited the down to come cheer with the students. Those kids had a freaking blast as did us students. They kept us laughing that's for sure. But not only did the kids get into it, but some of the parents came into the student section, probably to keep an eye on their kids, and they got into it and were yelling and having a good time.
    Likes bigredfan2, LU1991 liked this post

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I agree, the half time pee wee football was cool. Also the pee wee guys lining up to slap hands with the Lamar players, that's your future fans. In my opinion, not enough Lamar students at the games. I sit on the East side of the stadium, Not as many students over there as some think. Another thing , the city of Beaumont should do more to help promote Lamar football. It would benefit the city a lot. I agree crank up the score board, get loud. And some people need to stop complaining about the small things. I don't care what they wear, as long as they win.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I don't know the guy....but does anyone else think the PA announcer is pretty lame? Better music and a little personality on the PA would make a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Hard to get the students into the game when Lamar police are constantly telling them cant do this and that. Its college football. Wisconsin student section is known for yelling eat s*** and f*** you. Lamar students meanwhile are being told to not even call out an opposing player individually.